Field interested in 'Phins RFA DE getting crowded | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Field interested in 'Phins RFA DE getting crowded

Carolina_Dolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Field interested in 'Phins RFA DE getting crowded...Updating an earlier story in which we reported that Philadelphia has made little secret that they could be interested in taking a run at signing Miami restricted free agent DE Adewale Ogunleye in the next few weeks, the Eagles may have some competition if they do indeed intend to pursue Oguleye as Seattle may also be very interested. As a restricted agent, the Dolphins could match any offer Oguleye receives and retain his services, however, the Dolphins have had to struggle just to get under the cap prior to today's deadline and may have trouble matching a big offer sheet from another team. The Dolphins, though, would receive first and third round picks as compensation were they to lose Oguleye.

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

Good the more teams out there, the more his price drives up. Maybe a team with a mid round draft pick comes in and surprises everyone. Someone mention Minnesota. I wouldn't mind having back to back picks, It would allow us to really shore up some offensive holes by drafting a wideout and possibly another young o-linemen ( depending on the outcome of free agency of course).

Don't get me wrong, it'd be awesome to have another 1st round pick, but I'd still like to see #93 back next year. Just another opinion.

Here's my humble opinion..

A lot of teams will show interest in Ogun, but I think in the end a 1st and 3rd round pick, plus the large contract he will demand, will be too much for any team to give up.

He'll be back in Miami next year.

Originally posted by Lukin

A lot of teams will show interest in Ogun, but I think in the end a 1st and 3rd round pick, plus the large contract he will demand, will be too much for any team to give up.

I hope so....he is better than anyone we cold draft.

It would hurt the attempt at balance though. But then again, when have we ever had balance?

Ogunleye is special in Miami, but if/when he moves to another team I fear he'll get lost in the shuffle a bit. Its tragic...but if we can get a first and third for him then we should run with it I guess...he'll probably be available again in free agency within like 3 years.

I just don't want the front office to ignore his replacement situation because the best we can expect out of David Bowens is for him to get hurt during training camp by slipping on a bar of soap in the shower room, and Jay Williams wasn't all that quality a starter in Carolina so I don't see how he'd be a quality starter here. With Williams starting all the sudden our line looks under-staffed and unimpressive. Chester never made the name for himself that we envisioned. Bowens is old and not the same as he use to be, and Taylor is the only real stud.

Seattle is almost $11 million under the cap. Philadelphia is $28 million under. Minnesota is more than $33 million under. I don't think Wale's contract demands will make them blink.

Originally posted by Lukin

i think seattle will make the splash more than anyone. reason being is philly needs WR and there are plenty in this draft and they want a shot at one at 28.

If you dont see anything within a few days, i would say he is ours.

i dont think that if we dont get any interest in the first few days he'll stay in Miami...I actually think O-Gun will get a lot more attention once the other DE's have been worked out and signed

Back
Top Bottom