Field position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Field position

FinsGoToGuy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think one of the worse problem the Dolphins are facing is field position.

Bad punts have cost us directly on a couple of drives the last few game (and our season last year).

The defense has a lot of pressure because they start in their own side and the offense because they start at their goal line.

We have sign a kick returner to change that and it's a good move, but we still didn't correct the main problem. I rather have a punter that can kick a 50 yarder when we're deep than a directionnal kicker that can pin the football at the 16 yard line.

I agree. I still think Royals is the worst punter in the NFL. I don't understand how Wanne still "has confidence" in him. Bring in anyone, Stemke, Turk, anyone!

Ill second, third, and fourth both of the above posts...

A team that relies on it's defense MUST win the field postion battle... If you look at the fielour starting position vs the ops starting positions in the last 3 games, I'll think you'll see its pretty sorry from our side...

The ONLY thing that could have been worse than keeping Royals would have been to have kept Lucas.

We can see that a couple of field goals on those games came because the offense had only 10 yards to go before kicking him so it doesn't let you a lot of room.

But what you can't see it's that it takes you away some points over an entire game. If you start at your 35 yard line and you gain 40, you're in good position to get a field goal. When you start at your 10 and gain the same amount you end up punting it.

My point is that even tough the bad play of Royals didn't cost us some points (in the last two game it did) it certainly prevents us to do so.

Didn't the punter from Ohio State get cut. I think it was Groom. Why don't we give him a shot.

When you give the opposing offense a short filed, things are always going to be difficult.

Our D played with their backs to the wall most of the game.

Royals Sucks!

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I think one of the worse problem the Dolphins are facing is field position.

Bad punts have cost us directly on a couple of drives the last few game (and our season last year).

The defense has a lot of pressure because they start in their own side and the offense because they start at their goal line.

We have sign a kick returner to change that and it's a good move, but we still didn't correct the main problem. I rather have a punter that can kick a 50 yarder when we're deep than a directionnal kicker that can pin the football at the 16 yard line.

we started out with postion and it changed more and more with each kick. This "directional" stuff is crap. give him a bll on the 40 and he'll boom it in the EZ everytime. When we're on our 40, he'll pooch it and they have the ball at mid field. ARRRRrrrrgh !! He has no direction. One punt in partyicular, he was kicking from about our own 30 or so. he was standing on the left hash, the return guy was across the other hash. The dumb a$$ had the whole left side and he did have a nice looking kick that time but right at him. Point is, why didn't he kick it to the left side of the field so the dude has to cover alot of ground? Beats the $h!t outta me !! :fire: :fire: :fire:

I get your point but the Texans started their last drive own their 17 and we still couldn't do ****..Also, on three kickoffs, the texans got to the 18, 15, 15 and coach armstrong said that's the first time since coaching that's happened. So, execuses, execuses. When things go wrong there's always a million and one execuses. Bottom line; we just need to player better and all areas..

PS:

I hate the fact that Adewale guaranteed a victory...

Last edited by a moderator:
Royals ranking:

14th in AFC (38 Yard Average)

26th in NFL (38 Yard Average)

2nd in Miami Pop Warner (38 Yard Average)

We need a new punter!!!!

Back
Top Bottom