Final cuts... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final cuts...

The Roster

This roster is far from set. They will be in a state of flux for a couple more days. They could still be working on a trade and cut the players they felt least likely to be picked up by other teams.

There is no way we go to war with Omare Lowe and Ray Green as the #4 CB. You are one injury away to the top 3 ( Fletcher?)from disaster.

Remember too, that 5 guys have to be inactive each week, so guys like Romero, Green, Draper, and Jerman will see little time even in uniformprovided that we stay somewhat healthy.
Being a local product, they will probably be able to sign Searcy back to the roster whenever he is healthy and it could be sooner than if he was put on IR and not available for 6 weeks, so that is a good move, provided he and Drew keep him available for the Dolphins.

I hope that Draper staying is a filer until Searcy can come back.

But that would mean we end up rostering 10 OL. Isnt that a bit much? I would think Jerman is filler until Searcy gets back...then when Searcy's back we cut Jerman let him clear waivers and psquad him (he would have to dress for 6 games before we are no longer allowed to psquad him).

We basically have that now CK..Draper is just a good blocking TE, no really going to be used for pass catching..he might be asked to go back to guard or tackle..being a te he may have the feet for tackle.

I think Draper is there due to Weaver's knee injury. I can't believe more isn't being made of it. He's got a deep bruise and it's bleeding.

Ogunleye is going to start against Detroit most likely. We should have kept Femi over Draper!!!!

I counted only 5 safeties and 5 CBs. We needed 4 CBs (dime) so only one really is expendable. As fior the 5 safeties... Wooden, Freeman, and Marion are our Safety core players and McGarrahan and Gamble are there for ST.

Originally posted by Muck
I think Draper is there due to Weaver's knee injury. I can't believe more isn't being made of it. He's got a deep bruise and it's bleeding.

Yea Muck, but they expect him to play against Detriot..he's day to day..I guess we'll know more this week..I agree I think Femi over Draper..but they must have something in mind...I guest when they interveiw Wanny...We may get some of the thinking then.

Its probably just insurance until Weaver is healthy. Maybe when Weaver is fully restored we drop Draper and re-up Femi.

I don't understand why Fins wasted roster spot on Green...Bring on Buckley or Jenkin (he got some talent) and cut the scrub green ..

Femi maybe gone by then..this roster has to be a work in progress..man we kept 10 DB's wow..Lowe must have shown an aweful lot before he got injured...They still seem to be very high on him.

Originally posted by minus
I don't understand why Fins wasted roster spot on Green...Bring on Buckley or Jenkin (he got some talent) and cut the scrub green ..

Did Buckley get cut from the Buc's?

Because we're at the bottom of the waiver wire. AND.....there's no guarantee that T-Buck or Jenkins would want to play with us. Remember, they are human beings with feelings and free will. :)

Originally posted by Muck
Because we're at the bottom of the waiver wire. AND.....there's no guarantee that T-Buck or Jenkins would want to play with us. Remember, they are human beings with feelings and free will. :)

For that I would have not cut Femi or waived Henry(Rb) .......Ray Green could have easily clear the waiver and head to practice squad and if any injuries call up Green as last resort....

I don't understand this "contract terminated" thing. What is the diffeence between releasing a player, and terminating his contract?

Back
Top Bottom