Final Mock Drafts

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
If we stay put and the '49ers take Smith (Most likely scenario IMO):

#002 - Ronnie Brown (RB - Auburn)
#046 - Charlie Frye (QB - Akron)
#070 - Chris Henry (WR - West Virginia)
#104 - Michael Munoz (OT - Tennessee) or Anttaj Hawthorne (DT - Wisconsin)
#162 - Travis Daniels (CB/S - LSU)
#216 - Roger Cooper (LB - Montana State) [Probably wishful thinking that we land him in the seventh]

If we trade down with the Vikings (#2 for #7 and #18):

#007 - Cedric Benson (RB - Texas) or Carnell Williams (RB - Auburn)
#018 - Matt Jones (WR - Arkansas) unless Aaron Rodgers (QB - California) is still available
#046 - Charlie Frye (QB - Akron) unless we take Rodgers (In that unlikely scenario, Jerome Mathis [WR - Hampton])
#070 - Corey Webster (CB/S - LSU)
#162 - Anthony Bryant (DT - Alabama)
#216 - Roger Cooper (LB - Montana State)

If we trade down with the Redskins (#2 for #9 and #25):

#009 - Aaron Rodgers (QB - California) unless Cedric Benson (RB - Texas) is still available
#025 - Matt Jones (WR - Arkansas)
#046 - Ciatrick Fason (RB - Florida) unless we draft Benson (In that case, Charlie Frye [QB - Akron])
#070 - Corey Webster (CB/S - LSU)
#162 - Anthony Bryant (DT - Alabama)

If we stay put and Alex Smith is not the first overall pick (Most unlikely scenario IMO. I'm extremely confident the '49ers are going to take Smith):

#002 - Alex Smith (QB - Utah)
#046 - Ciatrick Fason (RB - Florida)
#070 - Chris Henry (WR - West Virginia)
#162 - Travis Daniels (CB/S - LSU)

NOTE: If we trade down with the Vikings or Redskins and Benson, Rodgers, and Carnell Williams are off the board, I really have no idea what we'll do with our first pick. I'd bet on us drafting Merriman, Rolle, Pac-Man Jones, Derrick Johnson, or trying to trade down again in that case.

Like them- except I think 18 is too early for Jones.

I would go defense with 18 (Thomas Davis?) and WR in the 2nd.

I just think Jones is too risky for a team with so many needs and a history of bad drafting.

i think if we would trade with washington NS wouldn´t pass up on brodney poole at #25

I like them all except the Charlie Frye mock. In that one i would take Corey Webster at 46. The jets might be taking that guy at 47. I would use the 3rd rounder in that draft on Andrew Walter.

I like them, I think Frye in the second might be a good idea.

Cheapshotz said:
I like them all except the Charlie Frye mock. In that one i would take Corey Webster at 46. The jets might be taking that guy at 47. I would use the 3rd rounder in that draft on Andrew Walter.

Great input.

I too love the idea of landing Walter in the third or fourth-round. I've been on his bandwagon for a few weeks now. He's going to be a steal if he pans out like I think he will.

As for Webster, his stock has really fallen the last few months (He was seen as a first-round pick a couple of months ago), and the middle of the second-round may be a reach now because he just might fall to us at #70. But we do know that Saban loves the guy. But Surtain for Webster? That's not a good trade.

I've heard that Saban loves Frye, and Frye is almost surely not going to fall to #70. In fact, it appears Saban may have bit the bullet and accepted less than he planned on accepting for Surtain just so that he could draft Frye. There is a method to Saban's madness. I, for one, am going to be Frye's biggest fan tomorrow afternoon if Saban drafts him at #46.

Back
Top Bottom