Final Practice Report – Rained Out! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Practice Report – Rained Out!

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
The team was supposed to hold their last practice open to the public today at 2pm. Well, it’s 3 pm now and it is still raining hard as it has been for the last several hours… I guess no last big hurrah for me on a final report, but here is what I wrote late last night expecting to post it today:

Well, since this was the last practice open to the public, this will be my final report to you all. I want to thank you guys for putting up with my amateur reporting and, despite my best efforts, sometimes biased pro-dolphin views. I really enjoyed being your eyes and ears in camp. I also appreciate all the comments & questions from everyone. I would be going anyways, but when I know you appreciate it, it makes it worth the time to write it up. It means a lot to me - Thanks again!

If you care-
Now since camp is over for me, maybe I can get my business out of the toilet... and I guess I’ll grab my relationship with my GF while I’m in there…

I use a digital voice recorder to 'take notes' and typically have 80-90 individual clips at the end of a practice. To me, it’s gotten really kinda fun. I started doing the play by play into the recorder as if I was calling a game on radio. I really didn’t expect to like it so much. Sometimes when the sun is baking down on me I catch myself drifting off and imitating commentators like Howard Cosell or Chris Berman. – No! The wav files from the recorder will not be released.

Also, because of paying such close attention at the practices, I feel I know the Dolphins better then any time since I’ve been following them and I couldn’t be more excited about the upcoming season. You all should be as well – we look primed for a great season! GO FINS!

What’s Next-
When I did my first report, I wasn’t even sure I’d do another. Now we’re at the end of the open practices, and I’m sad I won’t be reporting anymore... So, after a mad SPAM campaign to every Dolphin’s newspaper columnist and editor who’s e-mail address I could find, I’m proud to say that I will be working with the Miami Herald this season getting my feet wet covering High School games and potentially contributing to Dolphin camp reports next season. I’m really not looking for a change of careers but I think I found a new outlet for my football obsession…

FinHeaven Members:

Yes, I post my reports basically anywhere they will take them, but I wanted everyone here to know that this the best and my favorite Fins site on the net and that ‘Training Camp Reporter’ badge means a lot more to me then any $$$’s could. I wear it with pride!

This board is the model for what a forum should be and I consider myself lucky to be a part of it!

Maybe now that I’ll have a little more free time, I’ll actually post in other people’s threads… :D

I can't say that I'd be interested in your High School report being out of state but I do scour the internet for any Phins article I can find. Contrats. I know you'll be more knowledgable about the Phins that most of the current reporters.

Whoa!! You got in with the Herald?? Good job. :up:

Originally posted by Dude
The team was supposed to hold their last practice open to the public today at 2pm. Well, it’s 3 pm now and it is still raining hard as it has been for the last several hours… I guess no last big hurrah for me on a final report, but here is what I wrote late last night expecting to post it today:

Well, since this was the last practice open to the public, this will be my final report to you all. I want to thank you guys for putting up with my amateur reporting and, despite my best efforts, sometimes biased pro-dolphin views. I really enjoyed being your eyes and ears in camp. I also appreciate all the comments & questions from everyone. I would be going anyways, but when I know you appreciate it, it makes it worth the time to write it up. It means a lot to me - Thanks again!

If you care-
Now since camp is over for me, maybe I can get my business out of the toilet... and I guess I’ll grab my relationship with my GF while I’m in there…

I use a digital voice recorder to 'take notes' and typically have 80-90 individual clips at the end of a practice. To me, it’s gotten really kinda fun. I started doing the play by play into the recorder as if I was calling a game on radio. I really didn’t expect to like it so much. Sometimes when the sun is baking down on me I catch myself drifting off and imitating commentators like Howard Cosell or Chris Berman. – No! The wav files from the recorder will not be released.

Also, because of paying such close attention at the practices, I feel I know the Dolphins better then any time since I’ve been following them and I couldn’t be more excited about the upcoming season. You all should be as well – we look primed for a great season! GO FINS!

What’s Next-
When I did my first report, I wasn’t even sure I’d do another. Now we’re at the end of the open practices, and I’m sad I won’t be reporting anymore... So, after a mad SPAM campaign to every Dolphin’s newspaper columnist and editor who’s e-mail address I could find, I’m proud to say that I will be working with the Miami Herald this season getting my feet wet covering High School games and potentially contributing to Dolphin camp reports next season. I’m really not looking for a change of careers but I think I found a new outlet for my football obsession…

Congrats on the new side gig! Getting paid to do something you enjoy is one of the best feelings.

Thanks for all the reports. I have enjoyed your thoroughness and even-handed reporting. I look forward to your insights once the real games start.

Hey, covering South Florida H.S. football is a GREAT gig. You'll get to see lots of stars in the making.

Well deserved. You obviously work your butt off for your content. Gotta give you props.

Somebody oughtta get Boone to post in this thread so his sig can give you a victory dance! :dance: :hump:

Originally posted by Dude
I want to thank you guys for putting up with my amateur reporting and, despite my best efforts, sometimes biased pro-dolphin views.

Your kidding right? Amateur reporting? I could read the Herald or Sun Sential, and wouldn't even get one one hundreth of what you post.

I am at a huge disadvantage being in NJ, but you sure bridged the gap.

I won't accept your thank you, because you did the work, I hope you will accept my sincere thank you, as you did an excellent job. I wish you nothing but the best and hope you take off as a reporter. Just remember, you started here :lol:

Just think, Alex Marvez started by covering WWF wrestling for the herald on Sundays. And look at him now. Who know maybe one day I'll be sending questions to "ASK DUDE".

Congrats!!

Great job this Training Camp and i hope to hear your takes in years to come. You did a really good job. Your way better then any of the columnist in the paper around Toledo Ohio

Excellent work Dude. I'm jealous. So far in my short life I've been on a track for the business world, but having a crazed obsession with the Phins and hearing stories like you, I think I could have an 'early-life crisis' hehe...switch gears a bit. But then there's the $20,000 debt I've acquired at georgetown university to think about...D'OH!

I`ve really enjoyed reading your reports, Dude, and I ain`t easy to please. LOL.....thanks man and good luck with your new gig!

Dude...that is great! Great to hear you got a job with the Herald. I will be looking forward to reading your articles. What is your name?

Back
Top Bottom