Final Word: Is Jay OK? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Word: Is Jay OK?

Your final word on Jay?

• Yay-Fiedler is the man I want to start.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Nah-Fiedler you had your shot, you aint the man,

Votes: 35 79.5%

• Total voters

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
First of all mods PLEASE don't exile this into the Fiedler forum.

I think now that another season has pretty much wrapped up it's time to get everyone's final vote on Fiedler.

All the Fiedler Haters and all the Fielder Huggers weigh in with your verdict after having him as our QB for four years.

I will start:

Jay is a hard fighting, gritty SOB. He has little talent and will never take this team to the SB. He chokes in big games and can not get it done.

I like Fiedler. I love that he's tough as nails. I want Fiedler to be the starter. However, he has had 4 years to show that he can take it to the next level... and he hasn't. He's been a "good" quarterback for our system now.. smart, tough, mobile. That being said, I think our offensive system now SUCKS and needs to be scrapped... and I don't think Jay is the man to lead the new offense.

I think Jay needs to go. He did a good job in the post - legend transition and deserves our respect for keeping the team somewhat competitive. But its time for him to go.

Jay is a tough player who plays with some heart and for that I respect him. That being said he does not have the talent to be a starter in the NFL.
We gave him four years and he did not accomplish anything, he had a very good defense behind him for all that time, he had Ricky for 2 years now, yes I understand he did not have an o-line this year but with that and the fact that he is often injured the time for a change is at seasons end.

He had to step into shoes that he had no shot of filling and he gave 130% and for that he is to be commended, but even he must know the end is near being that he went to Dartmouth.

Jay needs to finish out this season play his a$$ off and enjoy the last 2 games as a starting qb for the Dolphins. He has nothing to be ashamed of he gave his all, but next year things around here have to change. And the HC & Qb positions are a must to change!!!!

Bah Humbug...........good riddance Fiedler and Griese....and as matter of fact cya DW and NT.

I agree.
The man got his shot and it just didn't work out.

John Madden gave a good evaluation on why Miami isn't a good football team.

Despite all of his heart and toughness, I now have deep doubts that he could ever lead a team into the playoffs. He is way too inconsistent and inaccurate.

I am ready to say goodbye to Jay as well.

I really enjoyed his tough play. I only wish Brian Griese had his heart...combine the two and you would have a pro bowl QB.

I would like to see more of Sage.

Maybe if we lose to the Bills, Wannstedt will give Sage an oppotunity to start against the Jets. If we lose to Buffalo, we are out of the playoffs...and there is nothing left to play for at that point anyway. Might as well let the guy have one game.

Fiedler is better than ok....he's a HOF caliber QB who just needs a supporting cast. Jay is da man!!!

Are we voting on Jay for the next game or the next season?

I voted Yes because I thought we were talking the Buffalo game. It's clear to me that Jay is the class of the QB crop we have right now.

Next year is an entirely different story that I frankly can't make a call on right now. It all depends on who is available to the team. I can definitely see a situation arising where Jay is again the best option available.

the question is meaningless without considering his replacement, i.e. I w/like Jay to stay if we have someone like P Rivers as our QB of the future...

From a standpoint of raw talent isn't Rosenfels our best QB.

Jay is a good 2nd sting QB...that's all. Not a starter IMO. Jay had his shot and now its time to say goodbye to Jay unless he would not mind being our 2nd string QB and I doubt that will happen and anyway...i seriously want the Wanny and Jay era to come to an end!!!

Originally posted by DolfanF150
From a standpoint of raw talent isn't Rosenfels our best QB.

I certainly can't say that because I have never seen Sage play in a regular season game. I had the Titans game, but they switched me to a different game before he came in.

I will caution anybody who is evaluating Sage on preseason work that defenses are awfully vanilla in the preseason. It's hard to tell too much about a QB under those circumstances...

Jay is not the main problem but I would welcome a change at QB.I think the most important priority should be firing Dave and getting a decent oline.Guys just sit back and relax because is going to be an interesting offseason.

Back
Top Bottom