Final Word: Is Jay OK? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Word: Is Jay OK?

Your final word on Jay?

• Yay-Fiedler is the man I want to start.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Nah-Fiedler you had your shot, you aint the man,

Votes: 35 79.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by dean_siu
Fiedler is better than ok....he's a HOF caliber QB who just needs a supporting cast. Jay is da man!!!

You are the one who should have the avatar that has the gentleman with the joint in his hand.
I can't even comment further (you must not get enough attention)

We need a QB for the future, there is no doubt about that. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep Fiedler around. All the FAs at QB aren't exactly great. A guy like AJ Feeley or Mark Brunell just isn't as good. Brunell hasn't played well in a long time. Fiedler is tough and has lots of heart. He is not the future, but he should probably be around next year. I want to see Sage get more of an opportunity at some playing time though.

Fiedler is better than ok....he's a HOF caliber QB who just needs a supporting cast. Jay is da man!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Can you give me one good reason you actually believe that.
Just one reason that can be backed up with valid points....

I don't believe you can.
Your obviously a great fan of his.... to each his own.... but that dosen't mean he is a HOF QB just because he's become your favorite player.

If your opinion is not based on him being your fav. player and you honestly believe this.......

STOP :infins:

"Hello Hall of Fame....... this is Jay Fiedler, I wanted to... <laughter on other side of phone> <CLICK.... dial tone.....> hof?.... HOF? HOF! Is someone there? It's Jay.....
Please answer me! :cry:

Originally posted by Trekbiz

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Can you give me one good reason you actually believe that.
Just one reason that can be backed up with valid points....

I don't believe you can.
Your obviously a great fan of his.... to each his own.... but that dosen't mean he is a HOF QB just because he's become your favorite player.

If your opinion is not based on him being your fav. player and you honestly believe this.......

STOP :infins:

&quot;Hello Hall of Fame....... this is Jay Fiedler, I wanted to... &lt;laughter on other side of phone&gt; &lt;CLICK.... dial tone.....&gt; hof?.... HOF? HOF! Is someone there? It's Jay.....
Please answer me! :cry:

Trek, calm down man. You didn't know that Dean IS Fiedler? ;)

:D

I just want to point out that you folks who are calling for Jay's head and saying things like "4 years is more than enough" are just as psycho as dean_siu is. Jay is a possibility for next year, and it is crazy to dismiss him being the best the Dolphins can do for a starter next year. Is he a lock? Certainly not. Is he one of maybe a dozen possible guys? Sure.

I recall back when Jay got the starting job over Huard that there were anonymous quotes from NFL types (scouts or something) in Miami papers saying that Fiedler was a second-string guy and just not starting material. Of course, he could have proved them wrong, and nobody can say he hasn't had his chance to do just that.

But he hasn't, and barring some miracle drive to the SB this year I think enough is enough. It might be worth having him stay on specifically in a transition role at an appropriate salary. The pay cut shouldn't hurt his chances of getting into the hall of fame; he'll still be on a good salary, and it's probably only $20 or so admission.

Someone please explain to me how Jay can be our best option next year?

You have to pretty much think this only happens if the front office steps on their Dork again and fails to trade, Aquire, or draft a QB prospect.

But there is no way Jay deserves any more chances. I woudl rather see Sage next year before I see Jay anymore.

There are two basic ways Jay could be the best option:

- If the new coaching staff decides that other changes need to be made and the team doesn't have much money to spend on a QB. Jay could easily be the low bidder.

- If guys everybody counts on being available are not available because they stick with their team (Couch), retire (Brunell), or get signed/traded for by other teams (Warner, Garcia/Rattay). If the choice is Jay, Brian, Sage, or Mike McMahon then I couldn't blame the team for going Jay. That goes double if he is the one who accepts the low contract.

Am I saying either of these is likely? No. I'm saying that either is possible.

I am not calling for Jay's head, I am saying he had his chance and he did not get the job done.

I'd rather see Griese in there if and only if we get an o-line that could pass block. Yet on the other hand I think our top priority for the o-line would be run blocking.

I understand their is not many other options out there but would you still drive around in your car in had a flat tire or would you put on a spare even if that spare was a bald slick of a tire? Which is not only Jay but the o-line as well.

A new coaching staff would be smart to see that one of Wanny's faults was ignoring the offense for too long and address this the day after taking the job.

Put down the bottle and walk away!!

Originally posted by T-Bone
I am not calling for Jay's head, I am saying he had his chance and he did not get the job done.

I'd rather see Griese in there if and only if we get an o-line that could pass block. Yet on the other hand I think our top priority for the o-line would be run blocking.

I understand their is not many other options out there but would you still drive around in your car in had a flat tire or would you put on a spare even if that spare was a bald slick of a tire? Which is not only Jay but the o-line as well.

A new coaching staff would be smart to see that one of Wanny's faults was ignoring the offense for too long and address this the day after taking the job.

I have gone on record more than once supporting a decision to go with Griese next year under a new coach if we have a decent line and that's the way the coach wants to go. What I'm trying to point out is that we need to give the new coach wide latitude to make his own moves. If that's Fiedler, fine. If it's Griese, fine. If it's retaining 4 of the 5 offensive linemen and letting them compete with other guys for starting roles, fine. He is the expert, and I think we need to at least give him a season to make changes before we crawl up his ### because he keeps some player I don't like or you don't like or whatever.

Fiedler had his chance this year to step up. Championship quarterbacks win the NE game and make clutch plays down the stretch. We should have won the Philly game but Fiedler did not step it up. Watching McNabb made me realize even more how crappy the last 4 years have been, I can't remember the last time a QB on this team did something incredible, but see it all the time when I watch Payton, Manning, McNabb, Vick, ect.. Not that we have the low first round pick to get a qb like that, but we need an upgrade.

JJ
I agree that we will need some time for a new coach (which will be bringing a new system) to get acclimated with the players etc. And I can wait a year for things to fall into place but their is also concerns to address with a "rebuild" which is if it takes longer than the defense starts break down - Zach will be in his 10th year, JT, Surtain all get a bit slower and then concerns with the D will need to be addressed.

I would like to see a HC that is not afraid to be aggressive on offense, open things up (not to the degree that Spurrier does but close) and gives a shot for Ricky reduce his carries and still put up some healthy numbers.

This year Wanny shot himself with the collapse last season and the statements of how with all the offseason aquisitions that were made that the Phins would go deep into the playoffs. And with the talent that is at his disposal you have to wonder how the wheels fell off.

Back
Top Bottom