Finheaven member conduct... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven member conduct...

endorphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am a member of this site because it is a source of informationâ€â€often intelligentâ€â€as well as interesting dialogue among fellow Dolphin fans. This site has grown rapidly and has/had the potential to be THE source for Dolphins news and opinions good or bad, right or wrong.

I have also seen what I think can be the demise of Finheaven as we know it. NOT because some posts are uninteresting, or not well thought out, but how we conduct ourselves here to such posts. There is the Depths if you prefer to trash one another.

I’m not saying that we should agree with everyone’s post to create a false Utopian society of blindly optimistic Dolphans. I am simply saying if you don’t like the post you are reading, simply go to one that you do and conduct yourself in a manner that is respectful to others, and yourself.

When I first found Finheaven, I found what I thought was a site where Dolphans can unite, share victories, losses, and some insight about our team, not a place where we come to disrespect each other and their opinion, right or wrong.

Finheaven has the opportunity to become not only the best source for all that is the Dolphins, but the BEST fan site in all of sports.

It is us “collectively†who post here that can keep Finheaven the BEST Miami Dolphin fan site there is. It is also us “collectively†who can degrade it and make it just another site that falls by the wayside.

endorphin said:
I am a member of this site because it is a source of informationâ€â€often intelligentâ€â€as well as interesting dialogue among fellow Dolphin fans. This site has grown rapidly and has/had the potential to be THE source for Dolphins news and opinions good or bad, right or wrong.

I have also seen what I think can be the demise of Finheaven as we know it. NOT because some posts are uninteresting, or not well thought out, but how we conduct ourselves here to such posts. There is the Depths if you wish to trash one another.

I’m not saying that we should agree with everyone’s post to create a false Utopian society of blindly optimistic Dolphans. I am simply saying if you don’t like the post you are reading, simply go to one that you do and conduct yourself in a manner that is respectful to others, and yourself.

When I first found Finheaven, I found what I thought was a site where Dolphans can unite, share victories, losses, and some insight our team, not a place where we come to disrespect each other and their opinion, right or wrong.

Finheaven has the opportunity to become not only the best source for all that is the Dolphins, but the BEST fan site in all of sports.

It is us “collectively†who post here that can keep Finheaven the BEST Miami Dolphin fan site there is. It is also us “collectively†who can degrade it and make it just another site that falls by the wayside.
Great post Bro. 24.00 will donate to a great cause Finheaven, and you will get VIP membership. This might be more to your liking! I know where you are coming from on your post, and I totally agree Bro!:)

i like the spirit of your post. all the bickering is maddening. i have been to several other teams' sites, thinking that this was a phin-fan problem, and it isn't. it's a bigger problem. i don't know if people have the need to trash each other in order to attempt to elevate themselves, but such behavior is everywhere. many fans on any given team's site don't seem like fans at all, and they're actively engaged in a battle with the people they call "homers." it's not a glass-half-empty or half-full thing, either the liquid in the glass is a magical bliss potion or poison. it's crazy... anyway, we can all learn from others if we trade ideas and listen...

Freakin awesomunes post man. You should share your knowledge more often around here. Lord we sure do need it. :lol:

This forum is about appreciating the sounding board you have here, and your fellow family members! Have a rebuttle to the the post, and don't retaliate against the poster. Remember this is what we make of it! Enjoy what AJ, and staff have put together here. Make it a daily upgrade with class, knowledge, and appreciation, rather then thinking you got a slam off on a fellow member of the family!:beerbang:

whats this post doing here, it has nothing to do with dolphin football??? just kiddin man, good post

DPlus47 said:
i like the spirit of your post. all the bickering is maddening. i have been to several other teams' sites, thinking that this was a phin-fan problem, and it isn't. it's a bigger problem. i don't know if people have the need to trash each other in order to attempt to elevate themselves, but such behavior is everywhere. many fans on any given team's site don't seem like fans at all, and they're actively engaged in a battle with the people they call "homers." it's not a glass-half-empty or half-full thing, either the liquid in the glass is a magical bliss potion or poison. it's crazy... anyway, we can all learn from others if we trade ideas and listen...
Great post Bro!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Great post Bro. 24.00 will donate to a great cause Finheaven, and you will get VIP membership. This might be more to your liking! I know where you are coming from on your post, and I totally agree Bro!:)

Thanks, but it was a VIP member and a few others that prompted this post.

Personally, I think a few of the "smilies" (or pissing monkies) should be exclusive to the "Depths".

endorphin said:

Personally, I think a few of the "smilies" (or pissing monkies) should be exclusive to the "Depths".
Bro I can't speak for the member you are referring to, but don't let that hold you back! I still invite you to the VIP membership bro. You will get to know the family members on the board as to who you like to talk with, and who to stay away from. You can also block that person's posts out if you like with the ignore feature. Bro I am a proud member of this board, and I appreciate your opinion, and input. Please keep posting, and don't let that one person ruin it for you!:)

endorphin said:

Keep th faith Bro! :beerbang: Bro I appreciate everyone on this board. My badges mean that I care about this site, and will continue to contribute to it, and hopefully we can make it bigger, and better!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Bro I can't speak for the member you are referring to, but don't let that hold you back! I still invite you to the VIP membership bro. You will get to know the family members on the board as to who you like to talk with, and who to stay away from. You can also block that person's posts out if you like with the ignore feature. Bro I am a proud member of this board, and I appreciate your opinion, and input. Please keep posting, and don't let that one person ruin it for you!:)

Thanks man, not trying to be so rah rah, but I DO firmly believe that Finheaven has the potential to be one of the BEST fan site on the net.

I will consider VIP.

endorphin said:
Thanks man, not trying to be so rah rah, but I DO firmly believe that Finheaven has the potential to be one of the BEST fan site on the net.

I will consider VIP.
Please do! If you find someone being over and beyond nasty to you, click the little sign at the bottom of the post, or pm one of the Mods, they are pretty good guys and will take action if necessary. Stay with us! Just because a member of the family has VIP membership, means they paid 24.00, and that's it. They should be respective of you as a person, and that you are entitled to your opinion, just like the other individual is.;)

Back
Top Bottom