Finheaven member conduct... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven member conduct...

fint0xicated said:
0o0oh hell yeah! Can't wait, bro.
RV section P3 is where I will be! My friend is a Charger fan, and is supplying my ticket! See you there! Stop by for a Beer! I will have my Zach Thomas Jersey on!;)

endorphin said:
Thanks man, not trying to be so rah rah, but I DO firmly believe that Finheaven has the potential to be one of the BEST fan site on the net.

I will consider VIP.

Well, IMO, we are already the best fan site in the world. There are some other great fan sites, but I don't think that they beat this one.

As for the VIP comment. You should def get it man. It's great in there and you don't have to listen to stupid crap in there either.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Please keep posting, and don't let that one person ruin it for you!:)

this part needed to be repeated. the one way to make sure that negative posters rule the day is for the positive ones to leave.

the rule i have made for myself is simple: i don't carry arguments over. i wish i could say i'm perfect and i don't get into flame battles. stuff happens. what i can say is this: the argument i have with a poster is left in the thread where the argument occurred. i treat the poster's new posts as a whole new thing. this really helps me. and it gives other people a chance to really prove what kind of people they are. if they want to be a repeat flamer, i'll eventually get it and tune them out, but this way i can make sure i don't have a role in escalating the madness.

DPlus47 said:
this part needed to be repeated. the one way to make sure that negative posters rule the day is for the positive ones to leave.

the rule i have made for myself is simple: i don't carry arguments over. i wish i could say i'm perfect and i don't get into flame battles. stuff happens. what i can say is this: the argument i have with a poster is left in the thread where the argument occurred. i treat the poster's new posts as a whole new thing. this really helps me. and it gives other people a chance to really prove what kind of people they are. if they want to be a repeat flamer, i'll eventually get it and tune them out, but this way i can make sure i don't have a role in escalating the madness.
Bro great post and attitude! Keep on posting!:beerbang:

Ace88 said:
Well, IMO, we are already the best fan site in the world. There are some other great fan sites, but I don't think that they beat this one.

As for the VIP comment. You should def get it man. It's great in there and you don't have to listen to stupid crap in there either.
Tell'em Ace. We have great family members here, and we are proud of it!;)

I do what I think most of the members here do. I simply ignore the "Depths" as you call it. Finheaven has become the place I go for news and opinion. I guess I come here mostly for opinion and analysis, I can get the news from the big 3. Although I do appreciate it when people report what they heard on talk radio, as I live out of the market area. I am always interested in what other intelligent Dolfans think, whether I agree or not. When I come across posts by those less intelligent, or mature I simply pass over it.

DPlus47 said:

I live by that rule. I carry no grudges at all. I do not understand why people want to have an "us" vs "them" mentality. We are all fans and I really like this site. I think it is the best place to come and discuss our likes and dislikes about the team.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Bro I can't speak for the member you are referring to, but don't let that hold you back! I still invite you to the VIP membership bro. You will get to know the family members on the board as to who you like to talk with, and who to stay away from. You can also block that person's posts out if you like with the ignore feature. Bro I am a proud member of this board, and I appreciate your opinion, and input. Please keep posting, and don't let that one person ruin it for you!:)

Dude, lol, your post put a smile on my face because of all the times you use "bro". I'm not making fun of you at all, it just makes me remember how fun and laid back Cali is. I split time between Ventura (Cali) and Kanehoe (Oahu, Hawai'i) and both places are so laid back and I love it. I have family in Rhode Island and often go there to visit and the people there are so rude and stuck-up and self-centered it is ridiculous. Out here in Cali you get the a$$holes but you also have the laid back chill people. In hawai'i they are SO laid back and friendly its insane, its like complete culture shock, everyone is willing to help everyone out, it's great, everywhere should be like that. Here in Cali it's "bro" out in Hawai'i it's "brah" but its the same thing. Anyway, this is COMPLETELY off-topic but I just felt the need to comment because you seem like a laid back dude and thats what we need more of. Late

It helps to seek understanding too. Email can be a horrible way to communicate sometimes because people read too much into them. And nobody wants to write volumes of background to clarify every point. So know you might miss their point or be misunderstanding them.

Obviously being told "you are not a true fan" or "you're a homer or troll" is pretty straight forward and idiotic on the other side.

Plus you gotta know there are some people that go to sites just to be idiots and the best way to turn them of is to not reply to them.

Don't just complain about the threads. Move on or try and post a good one!

Understand that people who are interested in the draft, FA and off season things, just might be able to cheer for today at the same time!

Thanks for a great site, I enjoy it.

Great post.

I used to be a routine poster round these parts once upon a time, however dropped out of site for a while due to a variety of reasons. The main thing that bugged me though was it seemed like if you put a post up that was against the norm, you got your head chopped off for doing it. Between that and the YOUR A HOMER vs. YOUR NOT A TRUE FAN fights, and well.. yeah.

Agent51 said:
Dude, lol, your post put a smile on my face because of all the times you use "bro". I'm not making fun of you at all, it just makes me remember how fun and laid back Cali is. I split time between Ventura (Cali) and Kanehoe (Oahu, Hawai'i) and both places are so laid back and I love it. I have family in Rhode Island and often go there to visit and the people there are so rude and stuck-up and self-centered it is ridiculous. Out here in Cali you get the a$$holes but you also have the laid back chill people. In hawai'i they are SO laid back and friendly its insane, its like complete culture shock, everyone is willing to help everyone out, it's great, everywhere should be like that. Here in Cali it's "bro" out in Hawai'i it's "brah" but its the same thing. Anyway, this is COMPLETELY off-topic but I just felt the need to comment because you seem like a laid back dude and thats what we need more of. Late
Thanks Bro! I was born in New York, and spent a lot of time in Cali in the Marine Corps. I met, and married my second wife, and got out of the Corps, and now Cali is my home. I appreciate the great comments. Life is too short, and great times to be had to be degrading or slamming another family member here at Finheaven. We want to build up this great site, and not to digress downward. Take care Bro! I use Bro as in we are family here! I respect, and appreciate all!;)

DPlus47 said:

OUTSTANDING POINT

Back
Top Bottom