FinHeaven Posters step up, get your recognition! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Posters step up, get your recognition!

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Smadison29 had Anthony "Tony Bua" on his All-College team as a backup at Strong Safety.

Pope Shula XIV posted a 7 round Mock Draft that included "John Hadnot" as a 7th rounder.

Myself, I reported on the Combine Winners & Losers and nicknamed Rex Hadnot as "Rex Hadnot better get drafted with a 5.57 in the 40" (finfan54 laughed and made a joke about drafting him, so I'm not alone here!).

Dolphan39 commented on Tony Pape expressing disbelief that he would fall all the way to the 2nd day of the draft if he's the 8th rated OT.

Dr. Rad went on record expressing is not being sold on Pape since he got bytched by Udeze at the Rose Bowl.

Dolfan91 went on record saying if Tony Pape was available in Round 3, he would take a flyer on him.

FinFan57 lumped in Tony Pape and Kelly Butler in the 3rd round as guys we should go after if Andrews isn't available in the 1st round, because he was not comfortable drafting a OT in the 1st round if its not Andrews.

PhinfanBo1 had a final first day mock draft in which he traded down with New England to get Smiley, Strait in the 2nd, and Tony Pape interestingly enough in the 3rd...he had this to say
3) Tony Pape OT Michigan 6-6 324 5.35 40: Another underrated player who isn't real flashy and may never be a standout but has the chance to be a very good starter for a long time, and a guy that can contribute right away. True Right Tackle who has the experience and technique down to push John St. Clair while Damion McIntosh, the future at the position, rehabilitates. Pape has very good size for the position, long arms, he re-directs well and is a sound pass blocker, and a good drive blocker in the running game. Doesn't project at all at Left Tackle and that will drop him, but he represents a good fit and good value for the Dolphins here in the 3rd round.

Jorser then disagreed with Pape's selection, saying...
I don't like the Pape selction for the player or the need. Why take a 3rd rounder at a position where he will be on the bench as a reserve for the rest of his tenure due to Smith and McIntosh being the tackles of the future?

Finfan57 once again rallied in support of Pape...

PhinsmissedFG had a nice point saying Pape should be available in the 4th round, like a similar player of a year ago, OT Brett Williams.

Danny came out in support of Pape but said if we got Smiley we wouldn't select another Day 1 OL.

Jaj said we should trade down and grab Pape in the early 2nd round back in January. Said he's the next Jon Jansen. Lets hope so.

SMadison29 didn't like Pape...bringing up his bad performance against Udeze in the Rose Bowl.

Props to myself! I commented on Derrick Pope laying a HUGE hit at the Senior Bowl. So did MDFINFAN and jcork NJ.

Derrick Pope! WoW big hit.

Sweet I also said about Pope...

That South linebacker Pope looks like he brings the wood on his hits. Good in coverage.

MDFINFAN gets props too for saying in reply...
Yea, I've been impressed with him...

Everardteach gets props on Derrick Pope! He mentioned him and along with a bunch of others that did well at the Senior Bowl.

I never thought it possible. Keith Box went on record a few days before the draft listing Derrick Pope as a possibility in the 7th round...one of his many many many updated mock drafts. He said
I like the instincts and desire that Pope brings to the table.

Finsnchips, RHoffman, 1972, SMadison29, myself of course, and Bodzilla29 all get props for espousing Will Poole after Day 1 ended but before Day 2 began.

Other than that Poole didn't seem to be on many peoples radar because they thought he was 1st or 2nd round material. I must admit I didn't think he would be available in the 3rd round I thought he'd go in the 3rd somewhere before us.

This is not meant in any way shape or form to "call out" anyone. I just find it highly highly entertaining to dredge up what we've said about our draft picks BEFORE we made them Miami Dolphins. This includes especially myself.

I mean I nicknamed Rex Hadnot as "Hadnot better get drafted" thats pretty funny considering we drafted him. Others get some mad props for naming off Tony Bua, Pape, and Pope as guys we like...it was fun to see our comments about the wood Pope laid out in the Senior Bowl. I had been confusing him with Kendyll Pope, who didn't lay out the wood nearly as much as Derrick Pope did at the Senior Bowl.

There are LOTS of comments on Pape, so I mean, congrats guys we got a guy that a lot of people really had on their radar screen and wanted.

As for Carey, I mean that has to be the "Duh" pick of the century the only weird part is they traded up a spot for him. Once Andrews was gone, Carey to Miami was almost certain...and we'll be very happy for it in the end.

Poole kind of wasn't on anyones radar screen but thats just cuz we knew we werent taking a 1st round CB again and seriously everyone had Poole around the 1st/2nd round area. I myself could see him falling to the 3rd cuz of the character and speed things but thought he wouldnt be there when we selected in the 3rd. In the 4th round its kinda like, are you kidding me? The guy can flat out play. This is not a Jamar Fletcher situation, although he runs rather like Jamar did. He's very physical and good at man coverage, and good at bump. He's like Jamar Fletcher except that he was taken 3 frickin rounds later...every bit as decent a prospect as Fletcher and unlike Fletcher this is a guy that believes he has something to prove...young and hungry instead of having an inflated ego and being all down on his luck just because he could not foresee himself cracking the starting lineup over Sam and Pat. Did I mention he was taken 3 frickin rounds later than Jamar?

Anyway, not many had Bua and Hadnot in their sights...or Pope really aside from a few of us who noticed him laying the wood at the Senior Bowl. So Miami managed to fool us with those little draft day surprises...

...But all in all I feel good about Spielman's drafting from now on. The names tend to be guys we've been talking about...and if they aren't, they look like they are guys we SHOULD have been talking about.

Wow. im speechless CK. Nice job. Since you dodnt give me props, I will pat myself on the back for picking Carey to the Phins in my last mock. :o

I remember saying Will Pooles name after Day 1 before Day 2 about 50 times.

It's OK, I don't take credit anyway. I'm a CASH kind of guy.

CK, either you type and think really fast, or you have a lot of free time. lol

Good post.

Well, not meaning to brag, but I had heard of Vernon Carey before the draft... :escape:

I also predicted I would have a hangover come the first overall selection on Saturday, I was right on the money there. :coffee:

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
I remember saying Will Pooles name after Day 1 before Day 2 about 50 times.

It's OK, I don't take credit anyway. I'm a CASH kind of guy.

Rude,

The check is in the mail!

Back
Top Bottom