Finnegan Ready To Bring Back His Edge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finnegan Ready To Bring Back His Edge

Geforce

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
“I’m going to come back on my worst behavior in a very modified way. I don’t want to hurt the team by any stretch, but I wanna show these guys that you don’t back down from anybody,” said Finnegan. “You compete for everything, and at the end of the day when the smoke clears you know you gave it your all, and that’s something I wanna bring.”

Standing at 5’10” and weighing in at 179 lbs., Finnegan won’t dominate opposing receivers with great measurables. But his style doesn’t need that. He pesters receivers at the line of scrimmage, gaining both a physical and psychological edge over his opponent. That approach fits the mold of defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle is trying to create, and Finnegan said himself that he’s primed to return to his old form in this physical defense.

“When you look at the scheme, what your assets are and what your strengths are, and you see if that fits you, and for the most part 98% of it was to my strengths,” said Finnegan.

He says that the coaching staff was a major factor in him joining the Dolphins and thinks that the attention to detail and technique by defensive back coach Lou Anarumo and Coyle will make him even better than he was before.

“Meeting with Coach Lou and KC, man I needed those guys 2 or 3 years ago, or 4 or 5 years ago when I came in the league,” said Finnegan. “They’re just about technique and being technicians, the little things like being held accountable. Some of those things I was missing along the way, so I’m just excited from every kind of standpoint to be a part of this organization.”
http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/20...-his-edge?_ga=1.88263259.176572814.1386871465

I hope Finnegan does return to his old form as well as teach the youngsters how to be as feisty as he was/is. This can only help the team in the long run.

I love this signing. IDC what the general opinion is on him, he will be a factor this year. Write it down.

I hope so to. The perfect scenario would be our rookies from last year step up and we become a top 5 D

A little bummed that we couldn't keep Patterson. But, if Finn can get back any of what he losted? That would be tremendous. Although, I gotta admit I don't feel comfortable with Davis or Jamar at all.

It might be in our best interest to bring in at least one more veteran CB.

I'm with goonboss. Hate him as a player.

Which makes me love the signing even more. Please tell me you and your partner also hate Knowshon Moreno as a player too?

The best thing that could happen is Taylor sends him to the bench!

I want Taylor to make this one of the hardest decisions the coaching staff has to make. Competition!!!!!!

Love this pick up. I like the bad ass attitude this guy brings to the game.

If he backs it up, great. If he's out there getting penalized under the new rules and giving up big plays and complains about playing hurt...... Then I will accept that he was what I was afraid he was, a punk that talks more than he plays. I don't want to listem to him run his mouth and give up 100 yard days to Julian Edelman or Mike Williams and imply theres not enough rush, or he's not being used right.

I agree with other posters, what I'd love to see is Jamar Taylor step up and become a Ty Law type corner, physical, athletic, fast and just plays all out....and Finny ends up being the 3rd corner.

Now add Mosley and Borland and we will have the most feared Defense in the league.. #1 Repeat #1 Defense... I hope phinigan brings it... I think he will..

Back
Top Bottom