Fins, and players that don't fit (Ndamukong Suh, Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins, and players that don't fit (Ndamukong Suh, Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace)

Such is nasty tough dlineman. That's what we lack on defense. Yes he goes a bit too far but sometimes but adding him improves our WHOLE defense not just dline

can you not be happy that we landed an elite talent? getting someone as elite as suh is once in a gerneration. only watt can compare to the chaos this guys brings to offenses. he will make everyone around him better. who will you double? wake? suh? ov? are you seriously crying like a baby after the best signing this team has made maybe ever? give me a break and wake up. Wallace will be gone after next season so don't worry about him. but to say suh doesn't fit is ludicrous

Suh is a dirty player why, because he got fined? Or because the clueless media labeled him that? He is a high energy, extremely talented, mean defensive tackle, which is exactly what you want from his position. He is well educated, and from what most, who actually play the game, have said, he is well liked. You are getting one of the most dominant defensive forces in this game, in his prime, but its not good enough for you? I cant understand how anyone actually thinks this is a bad deal! Sure, its about $10 million guaranteed more than I would have liked, but that is how free agency works. You have to pay for top tier talent, and with the of Ndamukong Suh, we are a better football team today.

Just because he's a warrior on the field that sometimes get's out of hand doesn't mean he's a problem in the locker room or off the field. He's literally never had an off the field issue. Not in H.S., not in college, not in the pros.

- Now, after years of hearing Philbin emphasize building a locker room full of high character guys, we're going to back up two Brinks trucks for the dirtiest player in the NFL, Ndamukong Suh.

This is even more stunning, considering that we jettisoned Pro Bowlers Brandon Marshall & Richie Incognito over character issues.

You're way off the mark. Suh doesn't have the off-the-field issues that Marshall and Incognito had. Both of those guys have mental issues and Incognito, rather than make anyone around him play better, probably contributed to players playing worse. Suh might play dirty at times, but he's not a head case who gets involved in a lot of negative off the field stuff. In fact, he often draws praise for his character out of uniform. Further, Suh helps elevate the game of the players around him because of the amount of attention he draws. He is not only opportunistic, he creates opportunities for other defensive players.

I'm beginning to believe that whenever I hear "doesn't fit" it really means "our coaches are stupid".

I do believe the Such signing is for 3 major reasons, one...he's a legit beast on the field. Two, he brings a nastiness not in a fins D since Bryan Cox...and three...and I do believe this...keeping Wallace and signing Suh is a shot across the bow of Philbin that he needs to start working with his talent. I think the front office may be pressuring him to move Jordan to linebacker. I do believe these moves put Philbin squarely on the hot seat with Tannenbaum. Playoffs or adios essentially

- We trade up to get rare athlete Dion Jordan, who doesn't fit in our 4-3 defense.

- We back up the Brinks truck for deep threat speedster Mike Wallace, who doesn't fit with Ryan Tannehill, a QB that is great at throwing direct laser beams, but weak at arcing a deep ball into a fast bucket (after 2 years, they have yet to successfully hit the deep ball in stride).

- Now, after years of hearing Philbin emphasize building a locker room full of high character guys, we're going to back up two Brinks trucks for the dirtiest player in the NFL, Ndamukong Suh.

This is even more stunning, considering that we jettisoned Pro Bowlers Brandon Marshall & Richie Incognito over character issues.

Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace, and Ndamukong Suh are all phenomenal talents. But I feel that we are overpaying for pieces that don't fit, creating a rudderless ship.

Yeah but Suh doesn't belong to this group, I believe he's going to be here much longer than Philbin. If anything you should add Philbin to the list!

I'm beginning to believe that whenever I hear "doesn't fit" it really means "our coaches are stupid".

Yeah especially when they're the most talented players on the team. :ponder:

There is not a defense that a player of Suh's caliber doesn't fit into. With Wallace, it's easy to see the disconnect, but it's not as if the book was written on Tannehill and the deep ball when Wallace was signed. We didn't have a deep threat the caliber of Wallace before that signing to assess whether or not Tannehill could throw deep. We know now. The crazy thing is that except for the week 17 spat, the two were actually connecting for some pretty darn good plays over the last half of the season, even if only a couple were real deep balls.

Of course Dion Jordan is kind of a mismatch, which is one of the reasons why the guy who set up that move was fired.

Back
Top Bottom