Fins announce new WR coach and new roles for Jefferson and Christensen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins announce new WR coach and new roles for Jefferson and Christensen

Are the majority of position coaches former players?
I don't know... This is just an un-researched belief I have... I mean logically, Players who get drafted in the NFL have been coached to play their position their entire life, I just don't know how someone who never played the position, or wasnt very good at playing football in the first place, could teach them anything they dont already know...?

When it comes to coordinators and HCs, its another story, IMO, because they work on overall strategy and management...

Wow, what a surprise that somebody's complaining already. Changes needed to be made and Gase is making them so props to him. We'll see if they work but can't blame him for trying

Ozzy rules!!

Here are my thoughts on this: Our players have had a hell of a time picking up the offense since Gase got here. We know it's a very complex offense and that he demands a lot of them mentally. We see a lot of mental mistakes.

And then we have stuff like Jefferson taking a "Assistant Head Coach / Offense" title -- which is pretty weird, right? He's no longer a position coach, so what is he doing? I would guess he has to be helping with gameplanning?

So it looks to me like Gase has created a tiered structure in which he has Clyde Christensen overseeing the position coaches(?) who are teaching players at the fundamental level, while Loggains and Jefferson handle game-planning duties with him? How does Studesville fit in as the RBs coach / run game coordinator? Seems like he's actually the guy with the most on his plate.

This is interesting, and I think we will find out quickly if this approach actually works. If we see the number of offensive penalties decrease, I think that's going to be the number one indicator that Gase has organized his staff in a better fashion.

I don't know... This is just an un-researched belief I have... I mean logically, Players who get drafted in the NFL have been coached to play their position their entire life, I just don't know how someone who never played the position, or wasnt very good at playing football in the first place, could teach them anything they dont already know...?

When it comes to coordinators and HCs, its another story, IMO, because they work on overall strategy and management...

Gase didn't play football in college...was a pretty good QB coach.

Belichick played at a small school and was a better lacrosse player...

I think Gase was a TE in high school and just wasn't athletic enough to play at the college level, so he became a student assistant instead.

Back
Top Bottom