fins in contract talks with Alberts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

fins in contract talks with Alberts

Mike Jurecki of XTRA Phoenix is "hearing" the Dolphins and Chiefs LT Branden Albert are negotiating a new contract.
Miami would send one of its two second-rounders -- either No. 42 or 54 overall -- Kansas City's way if a deal gets hammered out, and we have no reason to believe one won't be. Albert is likely seeking upwards of $8 million annually on a long-term contract. The Chiefs traded their original second-round pick to the 49ers as part of the Alex Smith trade. Jurecki is a local Arizona reporter, but he's a reliable source with good scoops.

I think il wait on a better source.

But.............Andy Reid says no they are not.

NFL Network reported yesterday (Friday), that the trade won't happen until the first round is actually in progress so Miami can make sure none of the three LT's fall to us at 12. So until then we can set the details of a trade and the extension to be ready to go with it but won't finalize it until the draft.

NFL Network reported yesterday (Friday), that the trade won't happen until the first round is actually in progress so Miami can make sure none of the three LT's fall to us at 12. So until then we can set the details of a trade and the extension to be ready to go with it but won't finalize it until the draft.

I bet the trade also doesn't happen unless we also find a partner to trade back with to recoup that second.

from our schedule i really hope we get a cornerback instead of a LT in the first round.

Andy Reid stole a second round pick from us before. (Feely)
You would think this team would learn.

I bet the trade also doesn't happen unless we also find a partner to trade back with to recoup that second.

When are people going to realize that Ireland is going big or going home this year. His job's on the line, no way he's trading back to accumulate more 2s.

When are people going to realize that Ireland is going big or going home this year. His job's on the line, no way he's trading back to accumulate more 2s.

I realize the games haven't been played. But don't you agree that while he is going home, he is doing it in a very calculated way that is netting us a lot of talent. He's spending money, but we are getting proven guys who fill our needs. We've not been spending for the sake of spending. There does seem to be a magnificent plan in place.

It would be a win win for both teams - the Chiefs can possibly upgrade the tackle position in the draft and save some money and we can fix a glaring hole the year we have $ to spend. I'm not thrilled with the idea of paying him top dollar but maybe for once we can feel comfortable about Tannehill being protected assuming Albert stays healthy

Back
Top Bottom