fins in contract talks with Alberts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

fins in contract talks with Alberts

NFL Network reported yesterday (Friday), that the trade won't happen until the first round is actually in progress so Miami can make sure none of the three LT's fall to us at 12. So until then we can set the details of a trade and the extension to be ready to go with it but won't finalize it until the draft.

That's what i'm talking about cuz!!!! Now that's a solid strategy for which i can give Ireland props. If he goes about it that way i will be completely floored. How could anyone disagree with this approach?

yeah, we hold the cards in every direction. Teams want our 2nd round picks cus they have none. They want to trade down out cus there guy will still be there at 12 possibly. And the Albert talk probably promted these teams to committ to us more.

Oakland has sparano too so I dont write off trading players in a package to get Fisher who I think we covet more.

Goddamnit this trade is so ****ing stupid Branden Albert is barely above average and he wants too much money. We'd be better served using our 2nd round pick to draft a LT, we've done enough win now moves that we just need to draft our own ****ing players.

Last edited by a moderator:
When are people going to realize that Ireland is going big or going home this year. His job's on the line, no way he's trading back to accumulate more 2s.

I do believe he's doing that to be honest but this is such a rash and stupid move.

Probably already been said. But can't we trade our 2 to a team looking to get out of the top 10? That would allow us to get a lt that is younger and CHEAPER!

Contract talks(money) may be the deciding factor moving up and get one of the top 3 tackles.If 1 of the 3 top tackles are there at 6,Miami moves up and negates the Albert trade.

Remember,money is why we let Long walk.........

Contract talks(money) may be the deciding factor moving up and get one of the top 3 tackles.If 1 of the 3 top tackles are there at 6,Miami moves up and negates the Albert trade.

Remember,money is why we let Long walk.........

:hsmash:

wasn't Jake looking for 8 mil a season?

The latest on Jake: Momentum appears to be growing for left tackle Jake Long to re-sign with the Dolphins.

Long, 27, left St. Louis on Friday without a deal after spending the better part of three days with the Rams’ football and medical staffs. While reports have surfaced that the Dolphins are “making a charge” to sign Long, the buzz in league circles is that he’s not getting offered anywhere near the $10 million annually he would like. Teams clearly are wary of his injury history and declining performance.

Long initially balked at the Dolphins’ offer – believed to be around $7 million to $8 million a year – but it might be the best offer he gets.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ort-reggie-bush-sorry-team-didnt-make-/nWtNB/

If they make the trade before the 1st round then they're stupid, period.....

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

For 7 I would say stay in KC.. Not looking forward to a slow footed left tackle i'll tell you right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZsUIEBxwA

Slow footed you say? HA, you aren't paying attention then.

What's the Rush? Let it PLAY OUT...

If they waited to make the trade during or after the draft.....could that possibly drive Alberts price go up as far as leverage? Meaning....if there are no LT's available when we pick....Alberts camp drives the price up. Buy now or pay later mentality.

So what is KC going to do with Albert if they draft Joekel 1st overall without trading Albert? Keep him even though he has flatly refused to play RT? I haven't heard interest from any other team for Albert. AND he wants big $$$. So, what if the Dolphins offer Pick # 82 instead of 42 or 54? Will KC keep him or take the 3rd & move on? Just don't believe KC has much leverage here - especially AFTER they pick Joeckel 1st.

Bottom-Line
: KC does not appear to be in the drivers seat on this one; AND not sure why so many of Findom are wanting Albert while giving up a 2nd PLUS BIG ca$h for a slightly above average LT. What's SO bad about drafting an OT, signing Winston on the cheap & seeing what develops? I say, What's the rush? Let it play out & see if the Phins REALLY want him, see if they can get him for one of their 3rd's or maybe a 2nd NEXT year.

Back
Top Bottom