Fins Lead the NFL in Scoring after Week 1!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Lead the NFL in Scoring after Week 1!!!!

underwaterjedi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have been reading all the comments comparing this offense with last year's, and how we can't get excited because we played only the Lions.....etc....etc.

The bottom line is that no other team in the NFL scored more points this week than us, and we won by the largest margin of victory with 28 points (tied with the Chargers' win over Cinci). This may not mean much to a lot of you, but the bottom line is that there are probably other teams in the NFL, just as poor or worse than the Lions, that didn't get beat nearly as bad.

As a reference point, last year we played Carolina in Week 7, who ended up with a worse record than the Lions did, and we only managed to score 2 TDs and 3 FGs, and were only able to run for 68 yards (counting the rushing yards of 4 diff. players). That compares to 6 TDs (on offense), 6/6 red zone conv. and 182 yards on the ground on Sunday.

So please let's not dismiss this win completely because we played a poor team......we still demonstrated good play calling and execution on offense....something we'd been lacking for a while.

Our defense has a great core of leaders and veterans, and will get it together and allow fewer points.

Granted, the Lions are not a great team, but our performance deserves a lot of credit and we can already point to big differences that will undoubtedly make as a better team this year. Please post your comments.

this win should not be dismissed at all - beating the Lions 49-21 is what a great team should do. It just should not make anyone expect us to beat the Dolts 49-21, maybe 42-24, but not 49-21 :rolleyes:

With all the weapons on our offense this year, I have a feeling we're gonna have more than one high score of the week. I really have a huge gut feeling these guys are gonna be DAMN hard to shut down. There's just too much to account for. AND we have Norv Turner moving the pieces! I think the NFL D's are gonna get a lesson in Aqua 101 .

clear.gif

ANY TEAM THAT WOULD CAME DOWN HERE ON SUNDAY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THEIR ASS WHOOP PERIOD. I AM GOING TO WAIT TO HERE EVERYONE'S EXECUSE NEXT WEEKEND.

Welcome to the Norv Turner offense. Enjoy it.

He's got the horses here. Ricky's a good RB. Our OL is not the WORST Norv's worked with by far. The TE is excitement in a can. Our WRs are better than he's had anywhere but in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom