Fins Long Term Plans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Long Term Plans

I’m liking the moves so far. This is how a rebuild is supposed to look like. Cut the older players and free up cap while acquiring picks.

Anyone that is not going to be on your team in two to three years need to be dealt with. If they have value you can trade them or extend them. If not, and you can save cap space, then cut them.

Decent article but the author should have a buddy help as a copy editor/proofreader. The concepts are good and using CK as a source is a sound approach. CK is right about essentially selling cap space for draft capital, that's a staple of the NBA, and the NBA is the master of tanking for elite talent. I think he's probably right about Quinn as well … and I definitely hope he is.

I like adding the reasonable talent via FA to plug holes. I love the idea of bringing in veterans to teach the kids how to grind and focus on their craft rather than their egos and lifestyles. To that end I'm in favor of the Dwayne Allen acquisition, but perplexed why they took a flier on Walford. He's wasn't really a locker room leader type or a grinder previously. I like that he has always been an all-around TE type, but this acquisition makes me scratch my head a bit. At the end of the day, this team is going to live or die 3 years from now by the draft picks. This is a transitional time, and lots of the roster is going to be turned over. But just because someone makes the roster this year definitely does not give them any guarantees for being on the roster for next year. This year's team will be given a chance to show that their potential is worth their cost to the organization. If not, there will be a lot more turnover a year from now.

Back
Top Bottom