Fins need a shut down corner real bad, Allen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins need a shut down corner real bad, Allen?

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Can Allen be a shut down type of corner in the NFL is the big question. Who can we get thats a free agent. If we pick up Hamlin then Jason Allen can move to CB and that would be sweet. Bell ,Hamlin and Hill would be sick as our safetys:ninja:.:dolphins::ninja::dolphins:

I don't think Jason Allen could be a shutdown corner. He could be a good corner but not a shutdown one. I'd love to see him move to corner and then draft Laron Landry. Allen, Allen, Landry, and Bell would be a very good secondary.

I'm not really sure if you're referring to Will or Jason, so I'll just answer both. Will Allen is a solid corner and would be better suited as a number 2 corner, but he can hang as the #1 with how good our pass rush is. (The best secondary is a good pass rush.) Jason Allen is not going to be a shut down corner, but I would love to have the Allen's at the 2 CB spots and go with Hill and Bell at saftey or a FA (Hamlin) or rookie (Landry, Ross, Nelson.) You don't have to have a shutdown corner to be a great defense, but we are a great corner and a good safety from being a Super Bowl caliber defense. And by that I mean one of those teams where the defense just absolutely carries the team to the big game.

Can Allen be a shut down type of corner in the NFL is the big question. Who can we get thats a free agent. If we pick up Hamlin then Jason Allen can move to CB and that would be sweet. Bell ,Hamlin and Hill would be sick as our safetys:ninja:.:dolphins::ninja::dolphins:

I'm guessing u mean Will Allen. Doesn't matter though because right now both of them can't shutdown anybody. He's better off playing safety. Will Allen is a decent #2 CB who's better against the run than covering guys. Hamlin would be nice I guess but he won't solve our issue at CB even if we transfer Jason Allen to CB. Likewise for Landry. We need to sign someone experienced at CB either in college or pros. A guy like Nick Harper could work.

If your talking about Jason Allen lets see if he can start first
before we start calling him a shut down corner...His first year as safety
was far from impressive to say the least

What are we going to do with daniels, put him in the nickel spot or as a a starter

What are we going to do with daniels, put him in the nickel spot or as a a starter

Daniels is better suited and belongs in the nickle spot. He wasn't very good matching up on the outside last year, he's not quick enough on his drop step or pivot foot nor with the hip rotation. Goodman played very well last year and if we have to go into the season with him and Allen starting at corner, I'd be fine with that due to the fact that our pass rush is so lethal.

Daniels is better suited and belongs in the nickle spot. He wasn't very good matching up on the outside last year, he's not quick enough on his drop step or pivot foot nor with the hip rotation. Goodman played very well last year and if we have to go into the season with him and Allen starting at corner, I'd be fine with that due to the fact that our pass rush is so lethal.

Remember... alot of that had to do with the ankle injury he had. He played through alot of pain last year. He wouldnt have even played if our CBs werent so depleted. He has since had surgery this offseason to correct the problem.

Remember... alot of that had to do with the ankle injury he had. He played through alot of pain last year. He wouldnt have even played if our CBs werent so depleted. He has since had surgery this offseason to correct the problem.

I'll give you that, I agree. You're also right about us needing CBs last year and that's an interesting topic you bring up about him not even being out there had we had some more DBs. I do recall a certain QB that everyone wants axed because of the way he played on a bum leg. :wink: I guess if I'm going to let Culpepper off the hook, I better do the same with Daniels?

I'll give you that, I agree. You're also right about us needing CBs last year and that's an interesting topic you bring up about him not even being out there had we had some more DBs. I do recall a certain QB that everyone wants axed because of the way he played on a bum leg. :wink: I guess if I'm going to let Culpepper off the hook, I better do the same with Daniels?

I would be comfortable with Daniels as the #2. He played very well his rookie year, and I think would have impoved upon that last year had he not got hurt.

With the pressure we will be getting on opposing QBs, I'm not that worried about our CBs. I think Daniels would be fine. However, I wouldnt be opposed to adding one either....

I've heard from a friend that is around the team a lot that Jason Allen is a joke. I hope he's wrong. It would be great if he is given a chance and develops into something this year.

Goodman played really well at times last year and Will Allen was solid. I keep those two on the outside and put Daniels at nickel.

Jason Allen was drafted to play safety and showed potential at times last year, I still think he will be a pro bowl safety in the future.

I would be comfortable with Daniels as the #2. He played very well his rookie year, and I think would have impoved upon that last year had he not got hurt.

With the pressure we will be getting on opposing QBs, I'm not that worried about our CBs. I think Daniels would be fine. However, I wouldnt be opposed to adding one either....

That's my feeling too. I think you and I could play corner and be okay with that pass rush we have.:wink:

your the first person ive seen mention Goodman. Goodman is our best CB right now. I think we have some good CB's and Daniels should hopefully be healthy this year which makes a big diff.

I think a hard hitting safety is what this team really needs and one that is not one or two steps behind the reciever as he scores.

Laron Landry would fix everything IMO.

I've heard from a friend that is around the team a lot that Jason Allen is a joke. I hope he's wrong. It would be great if he is given a chance and develops into something this year.

We will surely find out this year. This is Nick Satans pick. When Nick Mangold would have been much more beneficial to us or even a guard. Then dude ends up not playin.

You do have to wonder about Jason Allen but the guy did start to come on and layed the whammy on the NE TE.

Back
Top Bottom