Fins O-Line Blocked Well Today Until... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins O-Line Blocked Well Today Until...

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
I payed attention mostly to the O Line today and Reshad Jones.

1. The O Line did an above average job protecting Rosen until O'Leary got banged up. I know they were in max protect on most passing third downs, but there was some chemistry in the first half when Rosen had the ability to assign protection.

2. After falling behind 27-10, and after SD put together a 10+ minute drive, which was kept alive by penalties and sloppy zone coverage (zone coverage on 3rd and 19 specifically), the offense stopped running the ball and went to the screen too much. With Ingraham out for SD, this says volumes about how valuable Albert Wilson is to this offense.

3. Reshad Jones did not look in football shape. He often looked late to the ball, committing mental errors he used to not commit, and was out of position on several plays in the middle of the field. He also missed a ton of tackles today. His days are numbered.

Lastly, Boehem (sp?) impressed me today. He pushed several Chargers around, specifically Bosa on several plays when running the ball. He was aware and did a good job considering he just got here. I think he makes this line better, if he can stay healthy.

Just a few takes.

Don't need to talk dropped balls by WR crew. Parker disappeared in the second half. Why did we extend Grant again? Williams played well but has to sleep with the JUGS machine if he's going to be on any team more than a year. That kid has all the moves and talent, but has to overcome his Hulk Hands when we need him.

Williams is what he is. Qbs don’t improve on accuracy and receivers don’t improve on drops. Remember Chris chambers and randy Mcmichael? They would make great plays but had drops and fumbles would kill them. Eventually he will be replaced too. It’s a shame. He has talent but drops will not get better.

I agree about boehem. I liked that trade. Never understood how he wasn’t immediate starter .

Ballage should be replaced by laird.

Online isn’t that much better. It looks better because chargers and cowboys only blitzes when needed. We still can’t pick up blitzes or stunts.

I really want to see Albert Wilson come back healthy after bye. I want to see what kind of impact he can have. Gase was correct about grant. He is not a slot guy. Needs to be on outside. And a number four receiver at best.

We really miss rizzi. Sanders is 1-4 this year. Special teams return game have been terrible. Sanders might not bounce back without Rizzi

Flores has no idea how to manage game.
At 10 -10. No reason to try long fg and give chargers short field. Philibin did that with Carpenter all the time. Shoulda tried to pin chargers back. Though hack sucks.

Reactions: BSQ
Is it me or do they never really show Flores much during the games? The few times they do he always seems to have the same look.

I saw him a few times chewing players out. When Wilkins suplexed that guy Flores called him over and basically told him get the **** on the bench

I payed attention mostly to the O Line today and Reshad Jones.

Don't need to talk dropped balls by WR crew. Parker disappeared in the second half. Why did we extend Grant again? Williams played well but has to sleep with the JUGS machine if he's going to be on any team more than a year. That kid has all the moves and talent, but has to overcome his Hulk Hands when we need him.

Hard to say Parker disappeared in the 2nd half. Most receivers disappear when you only attempt 7 passes and they're not targeted once. I'm not sure that's really on the receiver. I'll need to re-watch the 2nd half offensive plays. Good thing it'll only take 5 or 10 minutes.

Flores has no idea how to manage game.
At 10 -10. No reason to try long fg and give chargers short field. Philibin did that with Carpenter all the time. Shoulda tried to pin chargers back. Though hack sucks.

No reason to attempt a 50 yard FG in ideal conditions with a kicker who has hit everything in camp, preseason and only missed his first kick last week? What?

And he is 4 for 7 this year, not 1-4.

lol pin them back . . . Did u even watch the game my dude? Rivers carved them up from the 5 yard line and drove it down the field. That FG was a high percentage scoring opportunity for this team

He was super hot at Wilkins for the roughness call. I'll bet the rookie won't do that again. We accomplished what we set out to do against the Chargers, we lost.

Back
Top Bottom