Fins of yesteryear a dynasty? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins of yesteryear a dynasty?

'72-'73 Fins considered a Dynasty?

• Hell yeah! If the lowly Colts can be, so can we.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Not really a dynasty, but with the perfect season we do have what no one else does.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No way no how. Dynasty = at least 3 SB wins.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Stupid poll, how long till the season opener?

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Ffan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Are the '72 - '73 Dolphins considered a dynasty? Why or why not?

Ffan said:
Are the '72 - '73 Dolphins considered a dynasty? Why or why not?
Because:

A) They reached 3 consecutive Superbowls and may have reached 4 straight if their chemistry had not been destroyed by the WFL, or if Stabler hadn't hit that lucky TD pass in the playoffs.

B) During that stretch they won back to back championships with the best two year record in league history and the only undefeated record in history.

They call the Steelers a dynasty but in fact there was a two year hiatus between their first two Superbowl wins and their second two, that to me represents two different back to back winners.

BlueFin said:
Because:

A) They reached 3 consecutive Superbowls and may have reached 4 straight if their chemistry had not been destroyed by the WFL, or if Stabler hadn't hit that lucky TD pass in the playoffs.

B) During that stretch they won back to back championships with the best two year record in league history and the only undefeated record in history.

They call the Steelers a dynasty but in fact there was a two year hiatus between their first two Superbowl wins and their second two, that to me represents two different back to back winners.

I believe it's also the best three year record in league history....I may be wrong but, I feel like I read that somehwere....:huh:

Dynasties to me equal long-term greatness. While nobody has gone undefeated except the '72 team, they didn't win many Super Bowls back to back as a dynasty would. I think the 72 Dolphins are the best team in the history of the NFL, but not a dynasty.

BlueFin said:
Because:

exactly

Back
Top Bottom