Fin's offseason plans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin's offseason plans

Coach Dave Wannstedt admitted it might be difficult to keep more than one free agent at the same position. Defensive end Kenny Mixon, cornerback Terry Cousin, punter Matt Turk, offensive tackle Spencer Folau, receiver Jeff Ogden and defensive end Lorenzo Bromell have said they want to return if negotiations go well. Cousin, a Miami native, would be content as the Dolphins' nickel back, even if offered a starting job elsewhere.

Of these guys, we should keep Turk and Cousins and Lo Bro at the vet. min. Mixon we need to replace as well as Folau. Ogden can go to Georgia Tech and coach w/Chan.

Boca Raton resident Cris Carter attended Sunday's Dolphins-Ravens game and is interested in playing for Miami.

now that w/b awesome :D having CC mentoring CC jr. I can see some pro bowls if we also get an OL'men or 2. :cool:

Sign CC. I belive he has a few more good seasons (like Jerry Rice) left in him. I'm all for Chris Chambers and Chris Carter on the the field together. That would definately give Fiedler confindence to put it up in the air. Granted we have a Oline to protect him. I think with a decent O line and a respected passing game again that LSmith can become effective. We'll never see Williams or James in the back field. We don't have the money.

Resign Turk. He helps our Defense and SP in so many ways. Well worth the money.

Forget about Aikman. I like the man and he was a great QB but his days are over. Focus on improving Fielders game decision making. I wasn't impressed with his accuracy in the last game. Acquire Norv. Turner from SD for the vacant Coor. position. He can mix it up. And resign Jason Taylor and look to give us more depth in the Def. line. This will help us as the season wears on.

Originally posted by racinjason
Sign CC. I belive he has a few more good seasons (like Jerry Rice) left in him. I'm all for Chris Chambers and Chris Carter on the the field together. That would definately give Fiedler confindence to put it up in the air. Granted we have a Oline to protect him. I think with a decent O line and a respected passing game again that LSmith can become effective. We'll never see Williams or James in the back field. We don't have the money.

Resign Turk. He helps our Defense and SP in so many ways. Well worth the money.

Forget about Aikman. I like the man and he was a great QB but his days are over. Focus on improving Fielders game decision making. I wasn't impressed with his accuracy in the last game. Acquire Norv. Turner from SD for the vacant Coor. position. He can mix it up. And resign Jason Taylor and look to give us more depth in the Def. line. This will help us as the season wears on.

I can agree to that. Carter and Chambers would kick ass together.

Well, I think that Gadsen and Chambers do kick ass together, if we can get a solid running back for next year, we are going to be tuff to beat!!!!:fire:

I love Gadsden, but Chris Carter is a LEADER on and off the field.

Chambers, Carter, Gadsden, and Ward. I think that would be a good receiving set. Minor as our scat back, along with Konrad out of the backfield.

Lamar on the goal line.

I also heard that Brent Smith is almost 100% already, and Mark Dixon is coming back for sure. Just draft one good O lineman, and then address the defensive problems.

Fiedler was one of THE best QB's stat wise in the league over the last 7 or 8 games. I think he matured a lot, and if we can get him back at a reasonabe price, he can do the job.

I also heard Daryl Gardener is fine. He said he could of played the last couple games of the season...I guess Dave was just thinking about next year????

boy '87 you make things sound real peachy, but we still need to get rid/add competition for Ruddy, Irwin, Perry as well as Dixon, Spriggs and Smith.

Back
Top Bottom