Fins On T.V. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins On T.V.

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Several newspapers are reporting that the Dolphins' opener will be a sell out (about 1700 tickets to sell by Thursday). This is good news for South Florida, we get to see the game.

Which of course leads me to a couple of thoughts about the NFL blackout.

1. Would you buy a ticket to a Fins game because it was blacked out?

2. Is it fair to blackout a game for people that live more than 1 1/2 to 2 hours away?

3. Are you a bad Dolphin fan for not wanting to shellout $40 + $20 (parking) to sit in distant seats?

4. Would you rather sit in the upper corner of the stadium, or watch the game from the comfort of your home?

I bet you can guess my answers, but I wonder what everyone else thinks.

If I lived in Miami, I would be a season ticket holder. Does that answer your question?

Originally posted by dolfan87
If I lived in Miami, I would be a season ticket holder. Does that answer your question?
Same here..

You know the Jets have the whole stadium sold out to season ticket holders? You can't even get a ticket. that's the way it should be in Miami.

By the way, all season tickets for the Fins have already been sold out, the only remaining tickets are individual seats.

They figure they'd get more money like that I guess. But next year I'm sure they'll plan to have more season tickets.

I have season tickets and they are in the 5th row of the endzone.. so im sure that answers your question.

Agreed. It's embarassing hearing that the game is in question for TV each and every week from here, where Redskins sell out even before the season starts and there's a 10 year waiting list to be a season holder, and this team doesn't even keep a winning team like Miami.

Originally posted by Phins Phan
Last report by the Sun-Sentinel said about 1,700.

Thanks....WFOR usually buys up, up to 2000 tic`s remaining....Lookin` good.

Hey if you can hook up the (in) DirectTV thing for me I'm all for it. Right now I'm trying to hook up with Radio Shack for the sattelite service; they seem to have the better deal, even tho' they don't offer NFL Sunday ticket.

Could always have the "Ticket Guarantee" like San Diego does. It is actually a great idea.

The city buys up all of the "unsold" tickets and distributes them to the local school. That ensures that the game is never in threat of a blackout, and gives a little back to the youth.

The only problem is that the city lost over 2 Million last year by buying the tickets. People wonder why California is so screwed up!

:nana:

I've went to a few games in my life. And I'll be honest, the seats sucked. I spent half the game watching on the big jumbotron. So for me to be happy going to a game and watching it in person the seats would have to be decent where I could watch all of the action, not just one half of it. And knowing this, the cost of those seats would be out of reach for me unfortunately.

So in order for me to see the entire game and enjoy it I would have to watch it on TV. I go to a local sports bar that supports our local Dolphin fan club here in Dallas. We have about 20 regulars that show up and watch it together. I just can't afford to go to a game live and watch it the way I would enjoy it. Thus the TV it is for me.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Agreed. It's embarassing hearing that the game is in question for TV each and every week from here, where Redskins sell out even before the season starts and there's a 10 year waiting list to be a season holder, and this team doesn't even keep a winning team like Miami.

I don't mean to keep beating the dead horse, but you must consider a few things to understand why tickets still remain for some Fins games and thus may result in a possible blackout:

1) The Jets and Giants have about 9 million people in the NYC area plus maybe about 3 million more in Greater NY. In Miami-Dade county we have about 2.5 million people.
2) As of right now ALL seats set for season tickets have already been sold out. Only individual game tickets remain for SOME games which are sky high and expensive. Plus who's going to buy tickets for multiple games at individual game rates?
3) Here in Miami we have many other day options to do on a Sunday as opposed to other cities like DC and NY. We have the beautiful beach, boating, and practically anything involved with good weather. Unfortunately many people will do those things than see a game in sky high corner seats stadium in the middle of nowhere vs. a sorry team.

Despite all these drawbacks, Fin Fans are some of the greatest in the NFL IMO. We still pack a 70,000+ stadium and almost all Miami bars, boats, homes, Domino tables, portable Beach Tvs, & everything else are untied with fans watching the games. I try to make it out to the game everytime, but sometimes, I'd rather watch it on TV in a fan-packed place somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom