Fins On T.V. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins On T.V.

Originally posted by Muck
Honestly, the only "not great" seats are the top of the upper corners. But other than that, the stadium is awesome. I always sit in the upper deck. Endzone. Best view for your buck. I love it.

If I could, I'd sit on the 50. But other than that, I like the view from the West endzone (shady too).

I sit in the west end upper corner and the view is awesome. Only ten rows up section 451. I have had season tickets in the same sppot for 5 years and the group of people around me has not changed. I wouldn't give up those seats for anything (except a skybo.... I'm not stupid!).

Originally posted by dolfan4good

I sit in the west end upper corner and the view is awesome. Only ten rows up section 451. I have had season tickets in the same sppot for 5 years and the group of people around me has not changed. I wouldn't give up those seats for anything (except a skybo.... I'm not stupid!).

I'd give them up to be in the middle of that tongue dual in your sig:ladysman:

I'm not saying that most can't afford it. I was just questioning your statement:
It might sound selfish and greedy and I might hit a few people who really can't afford to go to the game but you can not tell me that 4.9 million people live below the poverty line in south FL.

Right there you admitted that some can't afford it. Should they be penalized for there poverty? If you were one of those people , you would probably see it differently as well.

Originally posted by ScrappyDew
I'm not saying that most can't afford it. I was just questioning your statement:

Right there you admitted that some can't afford it. Should they be penalized for there poverty? If you were one of those people , you would probably see it differently as well.

Well I surely do my share for them not to be left in the dark.

Latest demographics show that about 1.5% live below the poverty line down here, 2% at the poverty line. Thats 3.5% total.

Now I surely do not blame them. I feel sorry for them (plus I do a lot of volunteering to help those people).

What about the other 96.5% of which over 50% are middle class?

On some level, I agree that paying a good chunk of change to see a so-so team is not always appealing but there's something to be said about supporting your team in person. Someone posted a comment about choosing to watch the game in a fan-packed bar on the big screen tv. Well...what better place to do that than PPS with 70K+ fans on a monster Jumbo-Tron. Of course, your economic status always plays a role in this but if you plan ahead and save you can always manage at least 1 game. And if you want to bring up the 1 1/2 hour drive... I live in Colorado and always fly down to Miami for at least 1 game. They're my Fins, I gotta do it.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Several newspapers are reporting that the Dolphins' opener will be a sell out (about 1700 tickets to sell by Thursday). This is good news for South Florida, we get to see the game.

Which of course leads me to a couple of thoughts about the NFL blackout.

1. Would you buy a ticket to a Fins game because it was blacked out?

2. Is it fair to blackout a game for people that live more than 1 1/2 to 2 hours away?

3. Are you a bad Dolphin fan for not wanting to shellout $40 + $20 (parking) to sit in distant seats?

4. Would you rather sit in the upper corner of the stadium, or watch the game from the comfort of your home?

I bet you can guess my answers, but I wonder what everyone else thinks.

Several newspapers are reporting that the Dolphins' opener will be a sell out (about 1700 tickets to sell by Thursday). This is good news for South Florida, we get to see the game.

2. Is it fair to blackout a game for people that live more than 1 1/2 to 2 hours away?

3. Are you a bad Dolphin fan for not wanting to shellout $40 + $20 (parking) to sit in distant seats?

4. Would you rather sit in the upper corner of the stadium, or watch the game from the comfort of your home?

1.If I was not already a season tocket holder - yes
2. Yes
3 and 4 -- For ANY game, you can show up at the stadium and buy great seats from a scalper for considerably less than face value.

Re: Re: Fins On T.V.

Originally posted by notguilty

1.If I was not already a season tocket holder - yes
2. Yes
3 and 4 -- For ANY game, you can show up at the stadium and buy great seats from a scalper for considerably less than face value.

You got my vote for #2 fan..(I am of course #1)...

:lol:

Re: Re: Fins On T.V.

Originally posted by notguilty

You got that right, I have seen tickets for $10 to some games. I bought Club Level seats to the Jets game last year for $70, Couldn't bet that price for the air conditioning alone that day.

I just wanna clarify. I don't think there's a bad seat in the house. And I've sat in the corners several times. Definitely not a bad spot. I'm just saying that those are probably the "least great" seats up top. I'd still prefer them to most of the seats in the lower bowl. :)

Originally posted by rafael

Redskins aren't a good comparison b/c their stadium is tiny.

Excuse me, but the skins don't play at JFK anymore, they built a large beautiful Stadium in Maryland a couple of years ago. It holds more than the phins stadium, and for those who were talking about number of people, give me a break, have you been to a UMiami game..haven't seen it not full. Matter of fact they still have people outside because the orange bowl can't hold them all. also compare the number of people in DC to Miami, before we go to the surrounding areas. Then you bring the Virginians, and Marlanders. Don't try that one. Talk to the people in GB about good seats in the dead of winter. And you don't have more to do in S. Fla than we have to do here. I've lived both places and there's as much to do here as there is there. Plus we have water everywhere, there's boats all over this place, I even own one. Pleasssssssssse. For those who can't afford a game, I understand that, but there's more money in S. Fla than you could imagine...Take a look right down A1 especially in the Palm beach area. Look at all the new homes in Broward and out there in Weston where Marino lives. Look at the homes in Sawgrass around that new Mall of a couple of years...I don't want to hear the excuses..sounds like the excuses we give Buf. of why they beat us 2x's last year..Get out of the hapbit..Excuses are tools of incompetents that built monuments of nothingness and those who specialized in them are good at nothing else except EXCUSES. :D

Originally posted by FFiB

Well I surely do my share for them not to be left in the dark.

Latest demographics show that about 1.5% live below the poverty line down here, 2% at the poverty line. Thats 3.5% total.

Now I surely do not blame them. I feel sorry for them (plus I do a lot of volunteering to help those people).

What about the other 96.5% of which over 50% are middle class?

Now you can't assume that the rest of your 96.5% calcualtion of people are ALL Dophins fans. I wouls say a good half of that don't even know how to say "Miami Dolphins" without saying it like "Me-ah-me Dull-veens" (Spanish accent).

Ok, ok, ok, we can go on and on and on.. about buying tickets and selling out games. The bottom line is that it is all about PREFERENCE. YOU would sit in the nosebleed for $40 plus $20 parking but somebody else would rather watch it at his home with 10 other buddies and 10 chicks on his 60-inch widescreen TV in his pool house.

I have a small example: Every year I go to about 3 individual games and I live about 40 minutes away from the stadium (Kendall). Thats MY choice because I want to support the Fins like that. Last year I went to one particular game with 4 other friends and we sat in the Upper Corner about 22 rows up, personally I wouldn't mind to sit in those seats again even though the players looked like ants, but a couple of my friends said they wouldn't sit in those seats again.

I bet you can guess my answers, but I wonder what everyone else thinks.

Interesting questions there.
On question #1 I personally most likely would buy a ticket on a non-televised game, but not necessarily always. It would depend on the opponent, the weather, and other factors.
On question #2, it is definitely unfair for those fans more than 45 minutes away from a stadium to shut them out of a telecast. (Here is an unfair memory, in the initial 2 years of Monday Night Football the ABC station I had access to(75 miles from my house), was blacked out on games in San Diego, 225 miles from the tv station, and Los Angeles, 110 miles from the tv station).
On question #3 the answer is no. That is a lot of money to shell out. Also stadium access I found to be not very good in North Dade County, and don't forget the dreaded tolls(here in California, except for major bridges in the Bay Area and Coroado, there are no toll roads).
Question #4, I like being at the stadium. However there are advantges of being at home(bathroom access, refrigerator, computer on for stats). But in person is better, and no annoying announcers.

Well, I suppose I should clarify something for the record.

I go to one game a year. This year I'm going to the Jets game and I am excited about it. I like being there for the atmosphere, I'm not crazy about the view. I end up watching the Jumbo-tron. But, there is nothing quite like a Dolphins/Jets game. I was in the endzone when Duper caught the game winning bomb from Marino against the Jets coming right at me.

But, generally I like to get together with my friends order a couple of pizzas and watch the games for the weekend. Look, that's just my preference. I have never complained about the sellouts and the crowd noise.

But, I would like to point out, that if you have a young child and other important, if not nearly as much fun, obligations its not so easy to not just pay the cost, but to find the time and keep peace with the family.

We are all fans, that's why we are on this board.

For those worried about a blackout

From the Miami Herald....

• Approximately 1,400 tickets remain for Sunday's opener at Pro Player Stadium. Barring an extension of the blackout deadline, the remaining tickets must be sold by 1 p.m. today for the game to be televised locally.

The team expects the game to be broadcast. A deadline extension is possible because Monday was a holiday.

Back
Top Bottom