Fins one of the best offences | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins one of the best offences

t2thejz

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
A lot of people laugh when they hear wanny and turner saying we will have a great passing game but i think we will. It will be the teams 2nd year under norves system. We could have a good backup QB if we sign griese just incase fiedler gets injured. We have Thompson and Tolver who could end up being pretty good. We have chambers for deep balls. And mcmicheal for anywhere. we have konrad and ricky out of the backfield.I think chambers and mcmicheal will be great targets for our qb

Well, Miami has the potential to be a good offense.. But everything in perspective, the main objective for our offense is to not turn the ball over.. Our defense will be as stingy as it's ever been in recent years and if the offense scores 20+ points consistently on an every week basis, Miami could very well end up with a 13-3 record or better.. Of course this would mean Miami would have to be relatively healthy.. This won't be a gun-it offense, never will be under Wannstedt.. Consistent first downs and wearing down of opposing defenses is what our offense is meant to do..

HOORAH:drinker:

You know Id be happy with a top 15 offense....that would be satisfactory IMO...

Well weren't we like midpack anyway. I know for a matter of fact that we were under 20th ranked offense.

We were only middle of the pack cuz we had the #1 rusher in Ricky Williams. Our passing game was like 27th or something like that.

I don't care about the rank, I just care about effectiveness. We don't need 4000 yards passing, we need a few more first down on 3rd down.

exactly. Noexcuses but rankings are based on stats, we lost fiedler for 6 games and Lucas struggled for 4 of teh 6. That drops us in rankings. Now does not mean that we would have had a high ranking for pass offnse, but would have been alot better than 27th. remember we averaged 27.1 ppg w/ Jay as our starter, 17.8 w/ lucas. There is a reason, Jay was much more effective passing the ball. Our offense is focused on Ricky, if our passing game is efficient and balanced, our offense could very well be top ten.

stick to running the ball with a pass here and there and I think you will be fine.

Just because the Coaches say the offense will be good, doesn't mean it is so. Look at all the years Shula and JJ said we are going to run the ball well.

We have to get that passing game in the top 15 or so at least. If teams don't respect our passing game then they can stack against Ricky. That becomes very difficult for him and the wear and tear on his body.

I hope it is better.

All I have to to say if our offense looked pretty good before Fiedler got injured avg. 30 points per game and that was just in the first six games.I can't wait to see how good this offense could be with every one having one year under Norv offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
This offense is going to be lethal..When Dave says something is going to improve, is always right. Stoping the Run- Done, Premier Running Back-Done, A deadly passing Game-Soon to be done, Superbowl Caliber Talent-Done, Leadership-Done, Nickel Corner-Done, OLB's-Done, Involving TE and FB in our offense-Done. Etc.Etc..Trust me folks Dave and Norv know what they are doing. If anyone doesn't see how deadly this offense is going to be, they are blind...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
This offense is going to be lethal..When Dave says something is going to improve, is always right. Stoping the Run- Done, Premier Running Back-Done, A deadly passing Game-Soon to be done, Superbowl Caliber Talent-Done, Leadership-Done, Nickel Corner-Done, OLB's-Done, Involving TE and FB in our offense-Done. Etc.Etc..Trust me folks Dave and Norv know what they are doing. If anyone doesn't see how deadly this offense is going to be, they are blind...

All this got you a 9-7 record :eek: ;)

No, that's Lucas's fault ;).

I don't know I remember seeing a clip (I think was MNF) before the game it said "Miami Dolphins and their Potent Offense"..I thought I was dreaming there for a second.

Because that's just odd ;\.
We have the talent no doubt, but if Jay keeps over throwing our WR then it isn't going to do us any good.

I wanna see more of McMichael this year. Shockey was drafted in the 1st round and I believe McMichael in the 4th? Mc ended up being 2nd overall last year in the TE right behind Shockey..so he was a good steal. Not to bash Shockey but I think he's a bit over rated. Personally I think he gets so much attention cause he is the core of the Giants offense, heh. I guess that can't be bad, but, I dunno..guess I'm not a fan ;p.

This is the Cowboys of the 90's revisited. With Norv and Dave and Spielman running the show, they will KILL this year. If you don't like the Cowboys analogy, then think 'Canes. Pretty much Jimmy Johnson style football. The philosophy hasn't changed a bit.

i dont think shockey is overrated at all...in fact i see him breaking NFL TE records in his future...but staying on subject I think the key to the offense is play action...when the play action is going LOOK OUT...ask the raiders

Back
Top Bottom