Fins Respect? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Respect?

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
With all the posts about the lack of respect for the Fins over the years, according to my trusty old Fins calender the Fins were underdogs to the Redskins in Superbowl 7 even though they hand't lost a game all season.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm..

That is because they won alot of games that year very close, the Redskins were a good team who played in the NFC in a year when the NFC was supposed to be the better conference (kind of like the AFC for the past few years), and nobody in Vegas thought that a team could pull off the undefeated season in the pros!!! Thats why!!

PhinPhreak said:
With all the posts about the lack of respect for the Fins over the years, according to my trusty old Fins calender the Fins were underdogs to the Redskins in Superbowl 7 even though they hand't lost a game all season.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm..
Good point, I think we just need some pacients and we should all stick by our team.

I think we have lost credibility over the last two coaching terms.....JJ was tough to deal with and DW was clue free.... players and agents alike steered clear of Miami because it was a mess with no real purpose or direction.... true pro's know it takes dicipline, accountability and action to win championships... the Dolphins had none of these qualities.....

Now the perception is entirely different... it's all positive.....let's hope Saban produces a reality that puts this proud franchise back where it belongs.

That Super Bowl opened pick-em. The bettors overreacted to Washingotn's decisive victory over Dallas and pushed the Skins to favorite. I think it was 2 or 2.5 points.

That's really very typical. The conference championship games have a far greater impact on the Super Bowl odds than is generally warranted. Particularly if a team wins impressively and by big margin in the second championship game. That is the last thing fans and potential bettors remember before the Super Bowl, so the pointspread is skewed in the direction of that team.

Back
Top Bottom