Fins sign a WR/DB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins sign a WR/DB

I didn't know we signed him, but I have most definetly heard of him. Just the same as i've heard about Chris Jackson. If you'll remember we signed him last year and nothing came of it. I thought Jackson was amazing and was extremely surprised when he didn't cut it. :dunno:. Maybe Sippio will go the "Gadsden" route :lol:

how will we use him? He was a DB in college but seemed to step up as a WR in the AFL. Apperantly he is a good athlete but has lacked a position.

I don't know much about him I do know those are pretty good offensive numbers even though the field is shorter.

He played QB in high school. And while playing for Greensboro in 2003 he had 57 rec. for 1,009 yds. and 27 touchdowns. Defensively he had 66 tackles and 5 interceptions and won the ironman award. I don't know those are not bad stats at all.

Maybe they are still looking for that third receiver. From what I've been reading know one has been all that impressive.

:confused: Maybe they are still looking for that third receiver. From what I've been reading know one has been all that impressive.

well whats this guys height size and 40 time.. anyone know?

OG Speed that's for sure

ROBERT “BOBBIE†SIPPIO
Cornerback/Free Safety

Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers

6:03.0-214

Kissimmee, Florida

Plants and drives with good velocity…Has the speed to close and make plays near the line…Keeps his assignments and shows acceleration to catch up and defend in the deep zone…Efficient zone defender who makes proper switch-offs and understands how to find the dividers…Has natural instincts playing the ball, recognizing the play and acting instantly…Has the lower leg drive needed to be efficient in run support…Reliable open field tackler who stays low in his pads…Natural hands catcher who uses his fine leaping ability to combat for the ball at its highest point…Three-year starter who is one of the best cornerbacks in the nation…Holds the school’s career-records with 19 interceptions for 357 yards in returns, topping the previous marks of 17 by Bob Morehead (1971-73) and 250 yards by Mike McCoy (1970-73)…His average of 18.8 yards per interception return is surpassed only by Virgil Livers (19.2 avg, 1971-74) in WKU annals…Recorded 179 tackles (107 solos) with 41 pass deflections, four forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries in 33 games.

AGILITY TESTS
4.69 in the 40-yard dash…37-inch vertical jump…Bench presses 225 pounds 12 times…33-inch arm length…8 ¾-inch hands.

No record of him being a returner at any level. With that size and speed he sounds like a safety or slot corner if he doesn't go offense. Still he is a long shot at best, but if he shows something he could make NFLE next season or perhaps even the expanded PS this year.

if hes 6 2 or taller.. he seems like he can be an OG type guy.. remember OG was slow as hell but he could catch anything and get open.. and could jump.. and could push off .. he wasnt weak.. remember when they brought in thompson they foudn out that he isnt as aggresive as OG was therefore he couldnt play like OG could i think thats why we were all so disapointed when thompson let us down..
og was definetly one of my favorites to watch when he would catch passes in the corner of the endzone with like 3 fingers.. bc his damn hands are 2 feet by 1 foot.. lolll

Back
Top Bottom