"fins Will Be Harder To Beat As Season Goes On" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"fins Will Be Harder To Beat As Season Goes On"

corona

Rookie
Reaction score
I was watching a segment on NFL network and this one guy said ( cant remember his name) but he stated that the DOLPHINS will be a hated team to play towards the end of November going into December....

He also stated that they are progessively getting better , and faster, and stronger as the season goes on. He also gave props to Porter, and Penny and a few others....

So what i got from it is he thinks the fins a have shot playing spoilers to a team or two...:hi5:

Thanks. That's good to hear.

I don't know if I completely agree though. I think some players will be playing better and tougher football.

You have to remember that we have some young players that are going to start wearing down in the last half of the season though. Long, Merling, and Langford aren't used to 4 preseason games plus 16 season games. It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

Thanks. That's good to hear.

I don't know if I completely agree though. I think some players will be playing better and tougher football.

You have to remember that we have some young players that are going to start wearing down in the last half of the season though. Long, Merling, and Langford aren't used to 4 preseason games plus 16 season games. It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

I was thinking the same thing - the proverbial "rookie wall'. Now, I don't know any of this from personal experience, having usually been picked last in everything sports related in grade school, but I hope that the strenuous conditioning in minicamp pays dividends too.

I was watching a segment on NFL network and this one guy said ( cant remember his name) but he stated that the DOLPHINS will be a hated team to play towards the end of November going into December....

He also stated that they are progessively getting better , and faster, and stronger as the season goes on. He also gave props to Porter, and Penny and a few others....

So what i got from it is he thinks the fins a have shot playing spoilers to a team or two...:hi5:

First of all Welcome to Finheaven :hi5:

Thanks for the info.

I tend to agree that we're gonna be a tough team to play as the season goes on since there was such a huge emphasis on the conditioning during the offseason. I think this has helped reduce injuries. Also, the focus on getting younger players during the offseason could help, since the younger guys may be able to recover faster from the normal wear and tear on the body that's endured for each game.

I think we'll be even better in the future once we get some more depth though.

Good point - I forgot about the length of the season taking its toll on the rookie players. Hopefully the conditioning program will lessen that impact.

Welcome to Finheaven. Truth be told I think there's alot of overachieveing going on right now. It could go either way.

we're gonna spoil the Jets postseason chance on the last game of season, i dont care if it makes our draft spot go up. we need to beat those jets, chad pennington is gonna play amazing ball

we will get better, and we have one of the easiest back halfs of the scedule, i wouldnt be suprised if we get 9-10 wins and make the playoffs, losing the first game to the steelers

Spoilers? Were in the mix. Spoilers are teams that have no shot at winning anything and upset someone who does. It will be the Jests trying to play spoiler to us on the final week of the season.

Spoilers? Were in the mix. Spoilers are teams that have no shot at winning anything and upset someone who does. It will be the Jests trying to play spoiler to us on the final week of the season.

I like the way you think.

:up:

I wouldn't get too excited, we are an 8-8 squad that's rebuilding. We are going to go up and down, win-loss-win-loss through the rest of the season.

We might beat Denver but I don't see us winning 3-4-5 games in a row. We are definitely fun to watch and I look forward to the Broncos game. I don't like that team ever since they kicked are *** in that playoff game a few years back....Terrell Davis was unstoppable.

Last edited by a moderator:
we're gonna spoil the Jets postseason chance on the last game of season, i dont care if it makes our draft spot go up. we need to beat those jets, chad pennington is gonna play amazing ball

we will get better, and we have one of the easiest back halfs of the scedule, i wouldnt be suprised if we get 9-10 wins and make the playoffs, losing the first game to the steelers

Talking about draft spot? If we beat the Jets it will likely be a playoff spot. Who cares about draft spot?

Losing the first game to the steelers? I dont know if youre aware of this but a 5 or 6 seed plays either the 3 or 4 seed. Looking like the Steelers will have the 2nd seed from where I sit. But, hey they could fall to the 3 seed.

The AFC West winner will probably only have 9 or 10 wins so that will be one of those 3 or 4 seeds. Why couldnt we go on the road and beat Denver or SD in the first round?

How bout beating the winner of the AFC east in round 1?

How bout we win the division at 10 wins and host a wild card team in round 1? We can win that too. And hey, why couldnt we beat the steelers?

If you go back and read some of my threads in the preseason, i called it. I said the Phins would get better as the season went on.

This is typical in Parcells teams and his teams usually win come November and Decmber....and sometimes even January!

sorry, i meant to say , I like the way durango 95 thinks too... we are in it..

They are professional atheletes, they'll figure how to get ready for a few extra games. Thats all over hyped

Back
Top Bottom