Fire Norv Turner first!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Norv Turner first!!!

SDFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Forget Fiedler, Griese, or Wanny. You can officially blame Norv's piss poor play calling for this loss, just like the game against Houston. It's cold and windy and we still try to throw the ball on 3rd and 3??? In the first half on a 3rd and 3 at about mid field, he calls that stupid lob pass to Chambers down the sideline that Fiedler hits 1 in 10 times. Then in the 2nd half on another 3rd and 3 at the NE 10 yard line, he calls a pass, Fielder gets blindsided and fumbles.

This guy's living off his past success in Dallas, which was largely due to the 1-sided Hershel Walker trade. Norv Turner was supposed to be an offensive genius and he hasn't shown me a damn thing. Fiedler, Griese, Brunell, or even Marino won't make us good on offense. Get rid of Norv and bring in an offensive mind like Fassel. Fassel's got the sack to be the head coach and call the plays. Wannstedt doesn't know offense good enough to call plays, so we're held hostage by Norv's bogus calls. Our defense played their *** off today, only allowing 3 points to a very good New England team, and this is what we have to show for it.

Face it, this loss cost us big. We could win out from here on and still be out of the playoffs. Denver's home to Cleveland, at Indy, and at Green Bay. Tennessee's home to Buffalo, at Houston, and home to Tampa Bay. Odds are that we'll lose 1 more and that means Denver would have to lose 2 of 3, which probably won't happen. Norv has cost us at least 3 games with his bad play calling. What a shame that we won't even make the playoffs now.:fire:

Originally posted by SDFinFan
Forget Fiedler, Griese, or Wanny. You can officially blame Norv's piss poor play calling for this loss, just like the game against Houston.
i couldn't have said it better. jay had no business throwing a long ball in that wind. and sending ricky up the middle 50% of the time was no good either!:rolleyes:

Turner's playcalling has become predictable and its definitely time for him to go. When he used to run on a "passing down" or throw on a "running down"...it would often catch the defense off guard and the end result was success. However, now that this has become common place for him...defenses are wise to his playcalling and end result is usually either a punt or turnover. This offense is definitely lacking in a few key categories.....however, they could definitely produce better results with someond decent making the calls on what plays to run!

This is to ultimateFINFAN. I don't like Madden so I wouldn't be caught playing that one, but i'm curious about your record. It says your 2-0 versus FH guys. When you played them who was the Dolphins.....also, what team was the other guy? When I play ESPN there is no way i'd ever play against the Fins....just wondering. :hmmm: :lol:

I saw so many comments that this pertained to that I put it in my sig! :D

Norv Turnover as I like to call to him, needs to go. Dave W. is not that bad he is a Defensive guy, and there is nothing wrong with the defense. Norv wants a head coaching job and is making a terrible case for it by making horrible play calls, just fire the guy and put us out of our misery. Everyone knows Fiedler has at best a weak arm, throwing in the wind is not a good idea, I could of called a better game than Norv did. Ricky should have had close to 40 carries with minor getting 15, and about 15 pass attempts not 30+, there is no way we should ever throw the football more than we run it, ever.

Exactly! Why throw more then run when you have big RW?
Norv wants to make the big plays, for his highlight reel when he tries for a head coaching job! Those plays yesterday will definitely NOT be on that tape now!

Originally posted by scodoublet
Exactly! Why throw more then run when you have big RW?
Norv wants to make the big plays, for his highlight reel when he tries for a head coaching job! Those plays yesterday will definitely NOT be on that tape now!
i don't know what happened to all norv's play fakes, like i said he must have lost his play book and can only remember whats on page 1!:rolleyes:

While I can't argue with your logic for getting rid of Turner, I would like to add that Tony Wise & Armstrong should be right behind him.

Also, IMO DC needs some attention. While our defense is good, it's not great and it should be with our personnell. IMO Bates doesn't consistently make the needed adjustments during games. If a team is lighting us up on certain plays you hardly ever see an adjustment to take that away from them!

Understand one thing. DW will never make any of these changes! He doesn't see the real problems and lives in a fantasy land when it comes to make changes.

What I would really like to see is DW relinquishes player personnel decisions to Speilman. DW's hunches have failed misrebly.

Originally posted by finfan77
While I can't argue with your logic for getting rid of Turner, I would like to add that Tony Wise & Armstrong should be right behind him.

Also, IMO DC needs some attention. While our defense is good, it's not great and it should be with our personnell. IMO Bates doesn't consistently make the needed adjustments during games. If a team is lighting us up on certain plays you hardly ever see an adjustment to take that away from them!

Understand one thing. DW will never make any of these changes! He doesn't see the real problems and lives in a fantasy land when it comes to make changes.

What I would really like to see is DW relinquishes player personnel decisions to Speilman. DW's hunches have failed misrebly.
i thought bates should go last year, the jury was still out on turner. now i can see they should crawl into bed together, then leave!;)

Originally posted by SDFinFan
Forget Fiedler, Griese, or Wanny. You can officially blame Norv's piss poor play calling for this loss, just like the game against Houston. It's cold and windy and we still try to throw the ball on 3rd and 3??? In the first half on a 3rd and 3 at about mid field, he calls that stupid lob pass to Chambers down the sideline that Fiedler hits 1 in 10 times. Then in the 2nd half on another 3rd and 3 at the NE 10 yard line, he calls a pass, Fielder gets blindsided and fumbles.

This guy's living off his past success in Dallas, which was largely due to the 1-sided Hershel Walker trade. Norv Turner was supposed to be an offensive genius and he hasn't shown me a damn thing. Fiedler, Griese, Brunell, or even Marino won't make us good on offense. Get rid of Norv and bring in an offensive mind like Fassel. Fassel's got the sack to be the head coach and call the plays. Wannstedt doesn't know offense good enough to call plays, so we're held hostage by Norv's bogus calls. Our defense played their *** off today, only allowing 3 points to a very good New England team, and this is what we have to show for it.

Face it, this loss cost us big. We could win out from here on and still be out of the playoffs. Denver's home to Cleveland, at Indy, and at Green Bay. Tennessee's home to Buffalo, at Houston, and home to Tampa Bay. Odds are that we'll lose 1 more and that means Denver would have to lose 2 of 3, which probably won't happen. Norv has cost us at least 3 games with his bad play calling. What a shame that we won't even make the playoffs now.:fire:

EXACTLY!!

Re: Re: Fire Norv Turner first!!!

Originally posted by AEM

EXACTLY!!
i don't know what turners problem is, but now i know why they ran him out of washington. god, i wish he read this board!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom