First defensive player drafted? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First defensive player drafted?

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What say you?

Seems like the most mocked answer to this question as of late is Dallas Turner to the Falcons.

Obviously the top 10 will be QB, WR, OT heavy, I’m hoping to see a run on DBs in the teens pushing bigger need players down to us.

Bears are the other team most often associated with Turner or Verse.

I am going to do a deeper dive into the teams picking in the teens to try and narrow the field of teams most likely to go defense.

I could see Atlanta going pass rusher at #8 so they are the best chance for a defender to go off the board.

Probably Turner.

I hope we take Fautanu or someone better in round one, but I could see us taking DT. I’d rather wait until 55 for DT. I like Orhorhoro and Jenkins better than Newton and Murphy any ways.
Yeah. There looks like there should be some decent options available at DT in the second round.

Turner is a heavy favorite to be the first defensive player drafted.

At FanDuel, Turner has -210 odds to be the first defensive player drafted, making him a heavy favorite over Toledo cornerback Quinyon Mitchell, who is next at +400. Florida State pass rusher Jared Verse is next at +650.

Either of those Texas DTs would make me happy regarding replacing talent that walked out the door. Wilkins is a very good DT who averages about 5 sacks. Last year, on his contract year he got 9 sacks, Seiler had10. I predict Wilkins returns to his 5 sacks next season. He'll never play up to that insane contract and I'm quite satisfied with the teams decision not to over pay on Wilkins and Hunt. You can't pay a very good player elite, all-pro type money. Wilkins never was in a pro bowl. He was WAY overpaid. We'll see how it goes for him in Las Vegas.

I hope we take Fautanu or someone better in round one, but I could see us taking DT. I’d rather wait until 55 for DT. I like Orhorhoro and Jenkins better than Newton and Murphy any ways.
That would work for me. I also like Hall, whose looks like a top 75.

Back
Top Bottom