First Look at NFL Prospects I like! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Look at NFL Prospects I like!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
- Bralen Trice 6'4" 273 pound Edge, had 17 sacks last two years for Washington. Feel like he could play some of the Chubb/Ogbah role for us. With the injuries and posibilty of losing AVG and Ogbah this has become a big need.

-Keon Coleman 6'4" 215 WR FSU. He's a big body WR, who also has speed and amazing hands. I'm not sure he will be available when we pick and I'm sure people will say it's not a need. But he's the kind of different skill set WR that can expand the offense and save money by dumping Wilson and Claypool while also getting more dynamic.

-Kamren Kinchens S from Miami. He's a ball hawking safety with 9 Ints last 2 seasons. Gives a more dynamic ballhawk to pair with Jevon Holland and gives us better coverage than Brandon Jones.

-Kris Jenkins DT Michigan. He's the son of former NFL NT Kris Jenkins who played for panthers and Jets, and his Uncle is Cullen Jenkins former DE/DT for the packers. Helped contribute on a good Michigan team that won the Natty. He could possibly replace Wilkins long term or finally give us a good third DT to rotate in.

-Leonard Taylor DT Miami. Similar size to Jenkins their both 6'3" 305ish pounds. Taylor is a high ceiling player who didn't quite put it together for the U but he has loads of potential. Again fits in as that 3rd DT with possibly being able to replace Wilkins long term if we can't afford him.

- Cooper Dejean CB Iowa 6'1" 209 good size physical corner, he has 7 career ints and returned 3 for TDs. Corner is a big need for us, Kohou regressed, Eli Apple isn't good, Howard has lost a step and may be a cap casualty.

-Jared Verse is another edge I really like but he's more of a trade up candidate. 6'4" 250 I think he's a great scheme fit and can be a versatile edge to play the AVG role and fill in for Phillips. Probably only an option if he falls.

-Jatavion Sanders 6'4" 245 TE from Texas. He's likely not an ideal scheme fit but he's an explosive receiver threat at TE he has over 600 receiving yards in back to back seasons. He's athletic and gives us another redZone target with a different unique skill set.

- Unrealistic Dream Pick: Brock Bowers TE Georgia, he's used in motion a ton and Mcdaniel could find unique ways to use him. Plus he's a good blocker and receiver.

DeJean and Verse will be off the board before Miami picks but the rest of your guys should be there.

Bowers will be long gone but I have no doubt McD would love him.

I expect Miami to be looking OL in R1 but a DL like Trice could make sense if there is a run on OL.

I don't think they will look DT in R1 but there could be value there in R2 for the Fins.

I really can't see them going WR in R1, it is just too much of a luxury for a roster that has real needs.

A lot could change should they be able to trade back to add some more picks, with more ammo WR and even RB might be on the table.

DeJean and Verse will be off the board before Miami picks but the rest of your guys should be there.

Bowers will be long gone but I have no doubt McD would love him.

I expect Miami to be looking OL in R1 but a DL like Trice could make sense if there is a run on OL.

I don't think they will look DT in R1 but there could be value there in R2 for the Fins.

I really can't see them going WR in R1, it is just too much of a luxury for a roster that has real needs.

A lot could change should they be able to trade back to add some more picks, with more ammo WR and even RB might be on the table.
Yeah I think we will add some OL, I didn't include any because I don't have the slightest clue on evaluating college OL play. I do like the Georgia guys Amarius Mims and Sedrick Van Pran. I wanna draft an actual center.

Yeah I think some of the guys I said are second round guys and some likely go before us. But other than Bowers I think Dejean and Verse could be trade up options.

I love Keon Coleman and I think it resets the WR rookie contract as it's going to be hard to keep both Tyreek and Waddle after 2025 (assuming they pick his rookie option up).

Unless they find some crazy value in FA, they need all the ways for Tua to get rid of the ball quickly before protection breaks down. Or he shows that he's not afraid to move in the pocket and tuck it and run.

As a Clemson and Fins fan I suggest everyone take a look at Jeremiah Trotter Jr at linebacker.
I like him a lot, my only concern is he seems small. I feel like Miami already has a lot of small LBs like Long, Riley, Tindall

I'm still on the OL train, but Edge, LB, TE are needs for sure. OT's Tyler Guyton, Amarius Mims, and T. Fuaga (Oregon st, starts out at OG) interest me at 21. OT/OG's Troy Fautanu, Graham Barton, for plug and play options. Guyton's size and mobility really fit.

I'm taken with the idea of Edgerrin Cooper if we actually draft a LB. He looks like a protype WSLB to me and if he falls far enough, I'd consider taking him as a Baker replacement.

I'm taken with the idea of Edgerrin Cooper if we actually draft a LB. He looks like a protype WSLB to me and if he falls far enough, I'd consider taking him as a Baker replacement.

I’m a big fan.

I’m a big fan.
I am too... although I am not a huge fan of taking Will or Mike backers early. As a general rule, the position is cheap to fill. Getting Long for 2 years at 5m/year is proof of that.

I'd pencil in Cooper on my draft board and then make a move if he drops. I just can't make myself draft a LB early.

I love Keon Coleman and I think it resets the WR rookie contract as it's going to be hard to keep both Tyreek and Waddle after 2025 (assuming they pick his rookie option up).

Unless they find some crazy value in FA, they need all the ways for Tua to get rid of the ball quickly before protection breaks down. Or he shows that he's not afraid to move in the pocket and tuck it and run.
I agree with this. I would not consider WR a need yet but having a rangy, wide body 'plus skill' reciever would help a lot in the short term plus hedge any hard decisons on Waddle or Hill.

A wide reciever this year who complements the current squad by offering other abilities could be seen as a very smart decision in 3 years time.

I would prefer an offensive tackle or edge rusher but if a quality WR is there, I would not be surprised if that is our choice.

I say gamble on Joe Milton have a back up QB.If Tua doesn't help us advance I'm not paying him 40 nor 50 a year.If where in the same place 2025 Joe Milton next man up.Josh Allen was view as Milton but his talent is undeniable.He has the physical ability to take games over.

#21 DB Terrion Arnold Alabama - Aside from Ramsey our DB's are trash. X is probably going to be released since he is too expensive and always injured. I really like Jared Verse but he will probably be off the board.

#55 LB Edgerrin Cooper Texas A&M - Baker might be a salary cap casualty. Riley has been exposed. Cooper is an impact player to pair with Long who had a nice season. We need defenseive upgrades. I dont think there will be impact pass rushers here so we will have to address that in FA since Phillips and Chubb might miss the season.

Back
Top Bottom