First Merged:First Round Mock Comparison/Gosselin nailed 88 out of 100! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Merged:First Round Mock Comparison/Gosselin nailed 88 out of 100!

Nice work from our Draft Gurus.I hope it doesnt go to their heads or they may be charging for their subscription services next time.;)

ChrisKo said:
I've met Rick at a local radio sports broadcast before. Decent guy, but he cheats to get the picks right. He calls his contacts at each organization and asks who they are going to pick. If he can't get names he'll try to get positions and evaluate whose the best prospect left at that position to fill in the wholes.

In other words, he doesn't really go off the stats, but goes after what teams have told him. Smart way to get gaudy numbers for your pick percentage :D

He does not "cheat" at all . The late Joel Bushbaum ( Pro Football Weekly ) would always make note that he was not a scout . He presented himself as an information gatherer , and that is what Rick Gosselin does , and probably has done it better than anyone outside an NFL organization for the last number of years.

He particularly is good with the 2nd and 3rd round rankings.

However he collates what he presents is working. Some speculate it is an actual board of an NFL team. His last top 100 is only available the day before or morning of the draft.

It is a huge help in viewing , following the picks on day one. Very few things don't flow as noted .

This board has had great great postings from very knowledgeable members and I want to thank all of those who gave us all tons to read leading up to this.

dolfan22 said:
He does not "cheat" at all . The late Joel Bushbaum ( Pro Football Weekly ) would always make note that he was not a scout . He presented himself as an information gatherer , and that is what Rick Gosselin does , and probably has done it better than anyone outside an NFL organization for the last number of years.

He particularly is good with the 2nd and 3rd round rankings.

However he collates what he presents is working. Some speculate it is an actual board of an NFL team. His last top 100 is only available the day before or morning of the draft.

It is a huge help in viewing , following the picks on day one. Very few things don't flow as noted .

This board has had great great postings from very knowledgeable members and I want to thank all of those who gave us all tons to read leading up to this.

My cheat comment wasn't to slam his method at all. I'm just jealous thatr he can do that for a living an I can't :)

He does the Top 101 the day before the draft and his mock comes out the morning of the draft. I live in Dallas so I always pick up a DMN copy before heading to my friend's house for the draft watching.

I got Benson, Clayton and Heath Miller right in the first round.

Another round of applause from the morning crowd for our Gurus??

I actually got quite abit right, although I never did a mock. I had the first 7 right (Didn't necessarily want it to happen that way) minnesota threw the first curve. Had a few others in the round right. Cambell, miller, and I speculated with my roomate that rodgers could end up in green bay if he didn't go #1 (thought he could slide quite abit, and arizona wasn't taking him)

Back
Top Bottom