First Miami Mock for 2020....yay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Miami Mock for 2020....yay

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.) Tua Tagovailoa, QB out of Alabama(6'1",218)

1b.) Tyler Biadasz, C out of Wisconsin(6'3",318)

2.) Trade back for future 2021 1st rder

2b.) Yasir Durant, RT out of Missou(6'7",330)

3.) Evan Weaver, ILB out of California(6'3",246)

3b.) Henry Ruggs III, WR out of Alabama(6'0",183)

4.) Curtis Weaver, OLB out of Boise St.(6'3",266)

5.) Josh Jones, LT out of Houston(6'7",310)

6.) Paddy Fisher, ILB/ST out of Northwestern(6'4",241)

6b.) Zach Moss, RB out of Utah(5'10",215)

7.) Take your pick...

If you've traded Miami's pick at the top of round #2, for a 1st rounder in 2021, there needs to be some additional pick in 2020. I Assume 3b is the Comp Pick?

i like the walter football's mock, they have texans shitting the bed and us getting pick 13. but its the 2nd mock i've seen with us taking a RB with the Texans pick, this one has Swift out of GA, the other was the rb out of wis

You can if you can get Creed Humphrey instead.

I'll take Humphrey over Biadasz.

I’m with you only because I won’t forget how to spell Humphrey. Other than that they are even for me.

Kind of dislike trading that second round pick. You have all night to study the board and make the decision.

If I kept the 2nd round pick it would definitely not have anything to do with having been up all night studying the board. Pencils are down at that point, all the studying should be done.

The advantage of having a top pick in the 2nd round has to do with norms and accepted practices of picking in the 1st round. Unless a team has two picks in the 1st round, each team picking in that round is making their very first selection in the draft, their headline pick. There are priorities that come into the headline selection that contaminate the process, be it risk aversion, need, PR, an owner looking over your shoulder, etc. And since the picks build one on top of another, by the time you get through that 1st round, there will be high caliber players that somehow slipped through the cracks.

By the time you swing around to the 2nd round pick, for pretty much all teams in the draft this will be their second selection, not a headline player, less or no owner scrutiny, less pressure to fill the immediate need, and a free-for-all begins on teams trying to get up and get the hot blonde at the bar that is still somehow left standing alone because of governing dynamics.

And I don't think any of that has anything to do with just having a night to think on it.

Kind of dislike trading that second round pick. You have all night to study the board and make the decision.

i think what Ck is saying is you have a night to work them phones, but i could be wrong. all night to find the best trade partner was what i was thinking even before i read his post. I know teams should have every situation possible lined up on draft day, even for the craziest of **** to happen. will say texans pick is 18. we prob have players on board listed for that pick, a couple trade ideas worked out. but then when pick 18 rolls around and someone unimaginable has dropped then the team in the 28th position has their owner saying "GO GET THAT GUY" even though no trade ideas had even been talked with that team. now you got the 10-15 minutes you're trying to figure out, damn this guy shouldnt dropped do we just take him, to we take the trade from team in 30th position who's offering a 1st next year, do we take the new trade we just heard that is a 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd next year.

i honestly dont recall how often that first pick gets traded, if at all ever, and im too busy (just on break right now) to research it, but this gives you all the time in the world to get the best trade value possible. The coaches can all get together, snort some coke, have a few drinks and say **** it, we'll trade that pick for antonio brown

1.) Tua Tagovailoa, QB

1b.) RT

2. LT

2b.) C

3. RG

3b.) LG

After that I dont care. best player available......

Every year there's a player that everyone thought would be drafted in the first round that falls off it. Having that top pick in round two you will always get offers to move down and you have to consider it unless a player that you really want to draft there so then you don't take the chance. I'm ok moving down but not too many spots. We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds so you want some quality, specially in the first two rounds.

2020 Draft- looking at 6 picks in top 100 -
Tua plus 4- 5 probable starters-
Of these 5 picks- I’m hopeful 2 OL.

2021- again need to hit 4 picks.

We have

Every year there's a player that everyone thought would be drafted in the first round that falls off it. Having that top pick in round two you will always get offers to move down and you have to consider it unless a player that you really want to draft there so then you don't take the chance. I'm ok moving down but not too many spots. We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds so you want some quality, specially in the first two rounds.
Agree here- if we trade the top pick in Rd 2- it must depend on the board, but we have to recoup a 2020 later 2nd and 2021 2nd.
Im ok sliding down for additional compensation but not trading out of the Rd.

Back
Top Bottom