First pic on runrickyrun!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First pic on runrickyrun!!!

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I just went to runrickyrun and the first pic you'll see is the fins vs. raiders last year and you'll see this HUGE hole that Ricky is hitting...do you think he's trying to give us all a message...like where are those holes this year???

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
I just went to runrickyrun and the first pic you'll see is the fins vs. raiders last year and you'll see this HUGE hole that Ricky is hitting...do you think he's trying to give us all a message...like where are those holes this year???

I didn't even think of that. :lol: It's probably just a coincidence, but I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't. He's sarcastic like that, and understandably so. He's getting hit in the backfield and at the line of scrimmage. He gets NO holes.

yep...you're right...no holes at all. he makes 1st cut behind the line of scrimage...that's a bad sign b/c all it means is the the D-Line has penetrated. I hope this changes.

It can't be all about the holes though, he needs to get his head in the game and find a way to bust a good run, hell 10 yards would be good. The

And everyone talks about how he's dancing more this year and how he needs to run harder. Well, of course you have to dance when there aren't any holes, and it doesn't matter how hard you run into a brick wall...you still don't get anywhere.

It sure would be nice to see this line get some push up field. At some point this year we will face a game clinching situation and need a few inches. Half the time the opposing defense is getting into the backfield before Ricky gets the handoff

I saw the film of the Jets game this year, and Ricky ran well in that game.......

And would you believe it? About 4 times, the hole was cloged by a defensive player and you know what ricky did?

HE RAN THE BASTARD OVER AND GOT 4 YARDS.

THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE....HE NOW SETTLES FOR THE NO GAIN........WHEN HE CAN PUT HIS HEAD DOWN, DO THE DIRTY WORK AND MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING.

I love ricky, but I am a little down on him.

Yes...all this shows is that our whole O-Line is getting manhandled by the oppossing D-Line. Even when Ricky runs to the right side...he still sees no hole b/c there ain't none. We should give Wade Smith some slack...he is afterall a rookie. But T. Perry and Todd Wade...these two should be blamed and no excuses for them.

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
I saw the film of the Jets game this year, and Ricky ran well in that game.......

And would you believe it? About 4 times, the hole was cloged by a defensive player and you know what ricky did?

HE RAN THE BASTARD OVER AND GOT 4 YARDS.

THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE....HE NOW SETTLES FOR THE NO GAIN........WHEN HE CAN PUT HIS HEAD DOWN, DO THE DIRTY WORK AND MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING.

I love ricky, but I am a little down on him.

I have the tape too and I saw that, but our line has regressed since then, although I don't know how that's possible. If you expect him to consistently run over 350 lb DT's, I don't know what else to tell you.

I would just ask ricky to plug away....we need ricky to bust a big one to help our confidence.

You are right finsfan, it's like he is scared to get hit. man at the titans game (i was there and paid $200 for 2 tickets just to get blown out) but he would run out of bounds when he had a chance to get 2 or 3 yards just because there was a man going to tackle his butt. 2 0r 3 yards help. oh well. get hit and get back up and do it again. that's what your getting paid for.

Walter Payton once said that great backs are great backs because of their 3 yard runs and not their 60 yard runs.

and that is true. rickey seems like he is getting greedy. if he can't get the big yards he doesn't want any.

One thing I noticed is how often the small guys are able to tackle him.. In the Bills game.. their DB who is only like 5'9 and 185 tackled him numerous times.. and with ease..

Since then I have watched him a little more closely and you all are right.. he will trot out of bounds or go down easily when a man of his size should lower the shoulder and get more out of each run..

Maybe Ricky is being a little conservative trying to withstand the 16 game schedule.. but man.. Hey Rick... the season is more than half over.... lets ROCK!!!!

Noone is ever happy.

If Ricky was getting hit all day you'd have the same people on here saying "Oh man, Ricky really should step out of bounds sometimes and avoid those hits to prolong his career" and then it can also be the other way around.

Put Ricky behind Denvers line or KC's and see how well he does.

Our line just sucks a <explitive removed>.

Back
Top Bottom