First pick in the draft??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First pick in the draft???

icephinfan

Dolphins Fan!!!
Reaction score
With the 16th pick in the 2006 draft the Miami Dolphins select................

"First pick meaning our first pick"

I think we'll really lean towards the best player available now. The draft is much more exciting for us now IMO. We don't have those 'dire needs', and we could quite possibly go OL, S, CB, DT, LB...Here are a few guys I think we have a chance at going for

DeMeco Ryans -- Ryans stock has fallen for some weird reason lately. I see him being a productive Jonathan Vilma type LB, could play in the middle or on the outside. Some may see him as not the ideal big strong bruiser for the Saban system, but I disagree.

Chad Greenway -- A FH favorite. Amazing physical tools. Great playmaker. Will likely be gone by the time we pick, but a quite possible chance we take him if he is available.

Marcus McNeil -- Saban has been high on McNeil. Our whole staff has been relatively high on Auburn prospects, and McNeil is a monster. One comment Nick made the other day about "looking and having found a LT" made me wonder if we're still interested in looking O. Line in the 1st round. I could see him falling in the BPA category.

Broderick Bunkley -- A few questions about Traylor. Holliday and Carter can rotate but have a clock running on their lifespan. Manny Wright could be great, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get some more help at DT. Bunkley is huge, and could play the end in the 3-4. He's got some strength and power. A dangerous guy who should be available when we pick.

Ko Simpson -- Great prospect. Young playmaker. COuld use his help in the secondary. Should be available.

Jimmy Williams -- The need at CB has been minimized by the signing of Allen, but we could still jump on Williams. At the moment it seems as if he'll fall to our area. Great size, pretty fast for his size, big physical body and could be a great fit in our system.

There are just a few picks I think we could work into our team.

The dolphins trade down to aquire a 2nd round pick, and draft Ko Simpson S USC

Back
Top Bottom