First Priority this off season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Priority this off season

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
*Offensive right guard Chris Naeole might have played his last game in a Saints uniform. Naeoloe signed a restructured two-year deal in July with an out clause that enabled him to become an unrestricted free agent, and we hear he's eager to test the market.

That was an espn report, this guy is good. If we sign him, and draft an o-lineman, preferably another guard (Fonoti) the o-line would be set. A center would be nice as well, but I think Naeole would improve our line 10 fold by himself.

Offseason Priority #1

We definitely need to get someone like Naeole to help our running game. Fonoti may not come out till next year. I think they should draft Terrence Metcalf from Ole Miss. He hasnt allowed a sack since 99 and he is the best run blocking guard among seniors. Getting another running back that is fast and powerful would good too.

:monkey: New York Jets

Dajesus.................

Originally posted by Dajesus
*Offensive right guard Chris Naeole might have played his last game in a Saints uniform. Naeoloe signed a restructured two-year deal in July with an out clause that enabled him to become an unrestricted free agent, and we hear he's eager to test the market.

That was an espn report, this guy is good. If we sign him, and draft an o-lineman, preferably another guard (Fonoti) the o-line would be set. A center would be nice as well, but I think Naeole would improve our line 10 fold by himself.

I agree with your perspective. Chris Naeole is a stud O-lineman that would greatly improve our offensive line.

A STUD O-LINEMAN IS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. SECONDLY, I WOULD FIND A DECENT TIGHT END(BLOCKING AND RECIEVING). GOODWIN AND WEAVER ARE LIABILITIES AT BEST. HEY, SHOCKEY IS COMING OUT!!!

we need to help the OL and DL first. But the new Of. Coord. since will determine what type of skill players we need on O. Right now, the TE and FB are pretty much blockers in Chan's O.

Excellent Choices

DAJESUS AND DOLFAN84...I have to agree with Fonoti and Metcalf (being the better of the two), but I will have to add Mike Pearson of Florida and Levi Jones of Arizona State to the list, but I hear these guys are moving up the draft boards fast.

Naeole is a excellent OL to go after, that would shore things up on the line fast but if we can't get him, I would go after Tarik Glenn or Steve McKinney also. Ron Stone would be a plan B option because of his age, but Stone is a warrior who will give you your monies worth.

FIEDLER FOR MVP.....being a big Canes Fan, I would love to see Shockey play for the Fins but not at the cost of losing Goodwin. Nobody on the team blocks better than him and Shockey is just a pass catching tight end. If we draft Shockey, Weaver becomes expendable, but no way is Goodwin a liability, when he is on the field; its like having a third tackle out there and the running game benefits from that (maybe not this year because of the injuries):)

LETS GO FINS!!!!!!!!!

like I said, no way do we draft a TE with any tops picks if we are running Chan's O.

I would think that you guys would be in the market for a RB too?

Haven't you figured out yet that Smith's a stiff? Before the game against my Bills, who had one of the worst Rush Ds in the league this year, he only had 3 100 yard games, 2 of them against teams w/ terrible rush Ds, and only 1 other game that was even close.

Prior to the Bills game, he had less than a 3 ypc avg. and only about 800 yds. in 15 games. That's around 50 ypg. I'd say you guys need a RB badly unless Minor is being counted on to do the job next season. With a better RB, perhaps your passing game wouldn't be so inconsistent.

Of course, being a Bills fan, I'd like you to keep Smith! :D

Originally posted by wyswings
Oh Yeah we need to be Lamar is a UFA and JJJ needs to be if he is not a UFA, so we need a big back to compliment Minor as well as another back to back them up.

Haven't you figured out yet that Smith's a stiff? Before the game against my Bills, who had one of the worst Rush Ds in the league this year, he only had 3 100 yard games, 2 of them against teams w/ terrible rush Ds, and only 1 other game that was even close.

Prior to the Bills game, he had less than a 3 ypc avg. and only about 800 yds. in 15 games. That's around 50 ypg. I'd say you guys need a RB badly unless Minor is being counted on to do the job next season. With a better RB, perhaps your passing game wouldn't be so inconsistent.

If we fix the problems on the O-line, we can make ANY back look like a star. If they are in the NFL, then they should have the talent to be GREAT behind a GREAT O-line.
Besides that , I hear Barry is being spoken to again, about coming back to play in Miami.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I hear Barry is being spoken to again, about coming back to play in Miami.
Maybe Barry will play for 1 mil a year and donate all the money to the 9-11 fund - like some other retired guy who came back ;) :D

Haven'y you figured out that all of your players besides Moulds, Brown, Cowart, Centers, and maybe Clements are all stiffs.

:monkey: :D

Henry'll have a MUCH better year next year than any RB you'll have!

Some sites have you guys in the market for an OL in the first round. Is that so do you think? I think a lot more teams than normal are going to be looking for decent OL-men since this draft has a few.

I think we need OL help since our OL currently sucks. If Henry isn't in jail next season, he will still suck. You guys should draft an RB in the second round, maybe Duckett if he falls that far.

Back
Top Bottom