Five moves that won't pan out as well as everyone seems to think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five moves that won't pan out as well as everyone seems to think

PatsWin2002

Bringin' it!
Reaction score
Here's the first one....but don't worry...they slam the Pats, Broncos, Falcons, and Cards too :).

Five moves that won't pan out as well as everyone seems to think
By Andy Hanacek
July 9, 2003

Brian Griese to Miami  This is probably the king of overhyped moves this offseason. Everyone, and I mean everyone, wants to turn Miami into the QB-controversy capital of 2003. Of course, the Dolphins' coaches and the two quarterbacks involved, Griese and Jay Fiedler, are saying all the right things. Griese was brought in to be the backup to Fiedler, and that's that. What fans and some of the media have overlooked is that Griese has to learn a new offense, which takes time no matter how brainy you are. Also, Fiedler has head coach Dave Wannstedt's full support at the moment. Griese will not be the starter unless Fiedler gets hurt. That has been the plan and will remain the plan, particularly after Griese didn't blow anyone away with his performance in minicamp.

The full article:
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2003/hanacek070903.htm

I don't see how this article is a "slam" against us. It pretty much echoes what this board has collectively been saying for over a month.

No, it's just a Rival's way of trying to get under our skin.....but in this case it's not going to work....at least not for me.

Wasnt quite a knock.

I think he should have thrown Colvin in there too. He'll be fine as a edge rusher, but he isnt much of a linebacker, which Patriots fans seemingly dont understand.

Whoa!

I just posted a Dolphin-related item. I wasn't trying to get under anyone's skin. Jeez.

I guess it wasn't much of a slam - it's just that the title has a negative tone....I agree with Muck.

BTW, the Colvin acquisition was huge for the Pats considering who was available to fill our needs.

Carry on.

This isn't a slam at all, just an observation that has been made about a million times already by all but the most ardent of Fiedler-haters on this board. Basically there's nothing to write about in the football world so this guy (whomever the author is) just rehashed a couple of old stories and put them into one piece to have something for "press time."

I dont think it was a slam...Just what a lot of us already think. But Brian will probably be better than Ray lucas if called on...We wont know if Jays thumb problems will affect him until the season starts..So Brain was a good move.

I guess I just see the Griese signing as an upgrade in the back-up QB situation.....it's not even an issue unless Jay gets hurt, and has Jay ever played poorly as a Dolphin when he wasn't either hurt or recovering from an injury? Okay, maybe a couple of games, but every QB has a bad game now and then.

Oh my GOD!

I actually agree with something posted by a Pats fan!

I feel so Dirty!:spank:

Originally posted by Muck
I don't see how this article is a "slam" against us. It pretty much echoes what this board has collectively been saying for over a month.

Hey Muck, love the Michael Bolton annimated gif.

You know what?

Originally posted by brofin
. But Brian will probably be better than Ray lucas if called on...

Originally posted by JackMeehov
I nominate this for understatement of the millenium.

You know what?

My FREAKING grandmother with a wooden leg and a kick-stand would probably play better than Lucas!!!:yell:

That stupid moron! I wish his lame a$$ well. He needs all the luck he can muster.

Back
Top Bottom