Five moves that won't pan out as well as everyone seems to think | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five moves that won't pan out as well as everyone seems to think

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
Here's the first one....but don't worry...they slam the Pats, Broncos, Falcons, and Cards too :).

By Andy Hanacek
July 9, 2003

Brian Griese to Miami  This is probably the king of overhyped moves this offseason. Everyone, and I mean everyone, wants to turn Miami into the QB-controversy capital of 2003. Of course, the Dolphins' coaches and the two quarterbacks involved, Griese and Jay Fiedler, are saying all the right things. Griese was brought in to be the backup to Fiedler, and that's that. What fans and some of the media have overlooked is that Griese has to learn a new offense, which takes time no matter how brainy you are. Also, Fiedler has head coach Dave Wannstedt's full support at the moment. Griese will not be the starter unless Fiedler gets hurt. That has been the plan and will remain the plan, particularly after Griese didn't blow anyone away with his performance in minicamp.

The full article:
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2003/hanacek070903.htm

I also don't see how that slams us...

I'd like to know how we lose when we get rid of Lucas and pick up Griese... And just who else was available that we had a chance to sign as a backup QB???

seriously....we got rid of a CAREER back-up in Lucas, and replace our back-up QB need with a pro bowler! How is this not an upgrade!

You're just trying to piss us off you flamer patsie fan! Stop getting under our skin and posting anything even remotely critical!!!!!!!!

BTW this isn't a slam so ha! Take that! :p :nana:

and my dad is better than your dad... and he could kick his ***

I dont see how a good backup is over rated especially in the afc east??? Mucus had 4 ints(3 to the same player) and 2 fumbles against the bills and we lose by 13 or so??? Then we miss the playoffs by one game??? In the AFCEast u cant have a crappy back up and expect to make the playoffs the QB position is too important, not to have a high quality backup.

As for the Falcons i dont see how goin through an entire season with Finneran as the #1 wr, then picking up a wr that went over1k yards recieving the previous year could be overrated??? If i was a Falcons fan I'd be pretty happy about it.

Here's the first one....but don't worry...they slam the Pats, Broncos, Falcons, and Cards too :).

By Andy Hanacek
July 9, 2003

Brian Griese to Miami  This is probably the king of overhyped moves this offseason. Everyone, and I mean everyone, wants to turn Miami into the QB-controversy capital of 2003. Of course, the Dolphins' coaches and the two quarterbacks involved, Griese and Jay Fiedler, are saying all the right things. Griese was brought in to be the backup to Fiedler, and that's that. What fans and some of the media have overlooked is that Griese has to learn a new offense, which takes time no matter how brainy you are. Also, Fiedler has head coach Dave Wannstedt's full support at the moment. Griese will not be the starter unless Fiedler gets hurt. That has been the plan and will remain the plan, particularly after Griese didn't blow anyone away with his performance in minicamp.

The full article:
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2003/hanacek070903.htm

This article is right. Griese will not have an impact here unless Jay gets injured. I completely agree with everything that says.

Whoa!

I just posted a Dolphin-related item. I wasn't trying to get under anyone's skin. Jeez.

I guess it wasn't much of a slam - it's just that the title has a negative tone....I agree with Muck.

BTW, the Colvin acquisition was huge for the Pats considering who was available to fill our needs.

Carry on.
Same was true for us in this addition of a quality backup QB. If we'd have had him last year we'd have won the East and likely had homefield in the playoffs.

the article doesn't say anything that we don't already know. The main thing is that Griese will be the back up and not Lucas.

Ozzy rules!!

Patswin,

I've watched you post the informational tidbits you've come across about the Fins before, and I've seen you post the good, the bad and the ugly. I thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Anyone who thinks Patswin was dumping a negative on us to get under our skin need only review his posting history.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Patswin,

I've watched you post the informational tidbits you've come across about the Fins before, and I've seen you post the good, the bad and the ugly. I thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Anyone who thinks Patswin was dumping a negative on us to get under our skin need only review his posting history.

Thanks - that's all I was trying to say.

Originally posted by gunn34
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Wake up!

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
You're just trying to piss us off you flamer patsie fan! Stop getting under our skin and posting anything even remotely critical!!!!!!!!

BTW this isn't a slam so ha! Take that! :p :nana:

Is there anything interesting you have to say besides ripping on the phins and their fans?

Originally posted by FinFrenzy

Is there anything interesting you have to say besides ripping on the phins and their fans?

That was a semi-inside joke based on the complaints of overModeration here at FinHeaven......it has been discussed at length at the OrangeMane where I also post (MOULDSROCKS does too).

It was entirely directed at me because of my OrangeMane connection. ;)

Back
Top Bottom