Five Reasons for Miami Dolphins’ fans to be optimistic following the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Reasons for Miami Dolphins’ fans to be optimistic following the draft

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
1. A starting offensive line that doesn’t feature Dallas Thomas

The sentence above alone is music to many Dolphins’ fans ears. The previous coaching staff’s loyalty to Thomas and the front office’s unwillingness to draft a replacement has been mind boggling to say the least.

2. The receiver position can now be viewed as a position of strength

After seeing a limited role for a good portion of his rookie season, last year’s first-round draft pick, DeVante Parker, finished with a 22-catches for 445-yards and three touchdowns over his final six games.

3. Year five of quarterback Ryan Tannehill

After showing steady improvement his first three years, Ryan Tannehill seemed to plateau in 2015 while leading Miami to just six wins despite pre-season playoff aspirations. With the addition of first-year head coach Adam Gase, several analysts and players who have been coached by Gase believe Tannehill can take the next step in becoming a quality NFL quarterback.

4. Addition of head coach Adam Gase

Several aspects from the point about Tannehill and Gase working together could be used for this analysis as well, but here are some additional reasons to be excited about Miami’s new head coach.

5. Front four of the defensive line

I know, I know. Miami arguably got worse on the defensive line in 2016 compared to 2015. However, it’s my belief that there could be something special about a defensive line featuring Cameron Wake, Ndamukong Suh and Mario Williams.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/five-reasons-miami-dolphins-fans-130010892.html

I really like reason number 1.

The 3 things I'm most excited for are; Gase'so offensive philosophy, the production Gase gets from Tannehill, seeing the entire offensive skill core used to its strength...did I mention Gase?

I think strengthening the offensive line is going to make the defense better as the defense won't be as winded because they won't be on the field as long. Add the additional weapons and Gase and this will be an interesting year. I can't wait!

It's hard not to get excited and, for me, it really all begins with Adam Gase. My gut tells me Miami finally got this one right.

1. A starting offensive line that doesn’t feature Dallas Thomas.

This is your opinion first of all.... We have the RG position open and Douglas, Turner, Bushrod and Yes Dallas Thomas willl COMPETE for that spot.

I don't know yet if we upgraded at the WR position... R. Matthews was a very good and reliable WR for Tannehill. Stills didn't show much last year and only Landry is proven and Parker showed why he was drafted in round 1 for a few games not 16 games...

This is your opinion first of all.... We have the RG position open and Douglas, Turner, Bushrod and Yes Dallas Thomas willl COMPETE for that spot.

I don't know yet if we upgraded at the WR position... R. Matthews was a very good and reliable WR for Tannehill. Stills didn't show much last year and only Landry is proven and Parker showed why he was drafted in round 1 for a few games not 16 games...

It's the writer of the article's opinion, actually.

Matthews was decent, but a little overhyped, Stills was one of several players who were grossly misused by a terrible coaching staff, including Parker, who clearly could have contributed sooner and certainly lived up to the draft spot as soon as he was allowed to (taking injuries to finally get him on the field). Absolutely a position of strength.

Ross is getting older

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

1. A starting offensive line that doesn’t feature Dallas Thomas

The sentence above alone is music to many Dolphins’ fans ears. The previous coaching staff’s loyalty to Thomas and the front office’s unwillingness to draft a replacement has been mind boggling to say the least.

2. The receiver position can now be viewed as a position of strength

After seeing a limited role for a good portion of his rookie season, last year’s first-round draft pick, DeVante Parker, finished with a 22-catches for 445-yards and three touchdowns over his final six games.

3. Year five of quarterback Ryan Tannehill

After showing steady improvement his first three years, Ryan Tannehill seemed to plateau in 2015 while leading Miami to just six wins despite pre-season playoff aspirations. With the addition of first-year head coach Adam Gase, several analysts and players who have been coached by Gase believe Tannehill can take the next step in becoming a quality NFL quarterback.

4. Addition of head coach Adam Gase

Several aspects from the point about Tannehill and Gase working together could be used for this analysis as well, but here are some additional reasons to be excited about Miami’s new head coach.

5. Front four of the defensive line

I know, I know. Miami arguably got worse on the defensive line in 2016 compared to 2015. However, it’s my belief that there could be something special about a defensive line featuring Cameron Wake, Ndamukong Suh and Mario Williams.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/five-reasons-miami-dolphins-fans-130010892.html

I really like reason number 1.

Everyone thought receiver was a position of stregnth last year and to a great degree it was

i'm also excited to see what wake, suh and mario williams can do together. i wouldn't be surprised at all if the d-line is significantly improved over last year.

I really like reason #1 too ... but I wish it were true. Right now, we have 3 OT's and one will play LG. That leaves RG to fight among 3 of the worst OL guys of last year, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner (who graded out even worse than Dallas Thomas!) and Jamil Douglas who was also atrocious. One of those guys looks to have the inside track to starting at RG. And when Albert gets injured and Tunsil slides out to LT ... another of those guys looks to be our answer at LG. Maybe Urbik or Bushrod fills in one of those slots ... but I'm still quite worried about our guards.

Ross is getting older

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Everyone thought receiver was a position of stregnth last year and to a great degree it was

I bet you're a hit at parties. Seriously, you're depressing.

I'm not saying Gase is a bad coach but I will say ge is overhyped as a QB guru. The only reason Jay Cutler looked better last year was because Chicago ran the ball more. That was a lazy job by alot of commentators to say he is the Dr. Dre of QB's.

I'm not saying Gase is a bad coach but I will say ge is overhyped as a QB guru. The only reason Jay Cutler looked better last year was because Chicago ran the ball more. That was a lazy job by alot of commentators to say he is the Dr. Dre of QB's.

That's nowhere close to being the only reason.

He played most of the season with bums at WR yet he was more accurate and cut down on his mistakes. That's coaching, especially once your a 10 year veteran.

I'm looking to see how the offense is going to look like under Gase. Are they going to be an offensive juggernaut?

Yeah. Gase really didn't do anything special with Cutler. He cut down on his interceptions by running the ball more lol. But I still do believe Gase is a football guru. He's definitely a upgrade from our previous coaches.

Back
Top Bottom