Five Reasons for Miami Dolphins’ fans to be optimistic following the draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Reasons for Miami Dolphins’ fans to be optimistic following the draft

No offense (hopefully) but screw that guarded optimism crap. I'm going into the season with both "guns a blazin"! I'm not going overboard enough to think that Xavien Howard is going to the Pro Bowl or anything too crazy but there are plenty of reasons to be excited about 2016. I'm not living my life like the guy who always gets dumped. Bring on the next babe.

As a life long Cubs fan, I know a little something about losing. Things are looking up in 2016. Time to break a couple of curses!

No offense (hopefully) but screw that guarded optimism crap. I'm going into the season with both "guns a blazin"! I'm not going overboard enough to think that Xavien Howard is going to the Pro Bowl or anything too crazy but there are plenty of reasons to be excited about 2016. I'm not living my life like the guy who always gets dumped. Bring on the next babe.

As a life long Cubs fan, I know a little something about losing. Things are looking up in 2016. Time to break a couple of curses!

I'm feeling the same way. I haven't looked forward to the season this much in a long time.

We've thought all of those things before with Philbin and crew at the helm. Adam Gase may be the difference maker here but that's ultimately up to him.
Ultimately, this season comes down to Gase and staff. Any optimism/pessimism feeds, directly or indirectly, from that. Like everyone here, my predictions on this season rest on opinion. For me, Gase ans staff HAVE to be better than Philbin and circus. We can argue over whether he's a 'little' better or Shula-like better, but I doubt any think he will be as bad. I like his talking smack. I like his emphasis on 'alpha type' players. Those mean nothing and may turn out to be the next unicorn, but the personality is closer to that of a real HC. The flip side is no one knows if he can inspire the troops, if can he identify/cultivate talent, if can he manage games. If Gase turns out to be the real deal, I can list more than 5 reasons for optimism.

Back
Top Bottom