Five Things I want To See Tonight! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Things I want To See Tonight!

CK...............

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Please don't misconstrue this as going after you or anything, but in a WR, thats kinda like saying "the only thing that James has on Dedric is pro bowl talent" or "the only thing James has on Dedric is the ability to make plays" or something. I mean, being a WR is about speed, route running, hands, and then jukes. We KNOW that JM has the juke advantage (see his screen jukes at the line of scrimmage, very impressive), and if he's got the speed and route running advantage all he doesn't have is the hands advantage...and like I said before in Norv's offense, he deals very well with speedsters with bad hands (see Albert Connell, Alvin Harper, and Tim Dwight)

Brother, it's all good........I can take constructive critism. No offense taken.:cool: We'll have to wait and see how Norv works with James. I'll give James the benefit of the doubt and give him one more year to produce. He was signed to a good contract and has all the potential to be a pro bowl caliber WR, if he can just hold on to the ball.:yell:

I will be looking to see:

1) TE position competition. Who steps to the forefront in the game competition.

2) Improved OL play. Can the injured guys show they are close to being 100% ready to rock & roll?

3) DL play. With all the changes in personell, we need to see what the roles are going to be for all the guys. Want to see if a guy like a Rod Kelly, or Henry Taylor can earn a spot.

4) Battle for the WR jobs behind the top two guys. Will Ogden again be back, or can one or two of the young guys take a spot on the 53 man squad?

5) NO SERIOUS INJURIES

I'm gonna have to agree with just about all. My main concern is, of course, injuries. I want none. But as for what I'm going to look at is:
1. Both Off. and Def. lines. See how they react with each other in a real game.
2. Zak Kustok. Welcome to the NFL preseason. Don't choke.
3. TE tandem. I like the rookie, but can he handle it.
4. Brent Smith. I didn't trust him too much after what I saw at the Titans. Maybe it was a fluke.
5. Team work. Gotta have it.

Again, I'm not half as educated and intelligent about football as most of you are. I love the Dolphins all the way. But mainly I want to see a preseason game played well, and zero injuries.

I also am very interested to see if Scott Shields can make the switch from S to LB. He is a guy that I have been pulling for this camp, so I will keep an eye his way, as well.

Originally posted by scotgif
I also am very interested to see if Scott Shields can make the switch from S to LB. He is a guy that I have been pulling for this camp, so I will keep an eye his way, as well.

I agree, I remember watching him on the Scottish Claymores. They got beat often, but he was their leading tackler. He was all over the place. It was almost hilarious the way he was running everywhere.

:lol:

#1 No injuries

#2 Jamar Fletcher - hope he can show some consistency

#3 Brent Smith - don't want to see a repeat of that schooling he got from Kearse at the Tenn scrimmage.

#4 Jamie Nails - Let's see if he can be consistent with pass protection

#5 Leonard Henry - I just want to see if the guy is as good as I keep hearing.

As far as win/loss - only teams that are anticipating a crappy season, and low ticket sales, are concerned with "winning" preseason games. They are for nothing more than evaluating your talent, and, as the preseason moves along, warming your starters up for the regular season.

1) To see Fiedler lead the offense

2) See how our running game is doing.

3) Seeing how Jamar Fletcher does

4) Watch the shifts from our offense

5) Kick their ass

Most of these have been mentioned before... but in my order of priority:

1. NO INJURIES

2. Check out McMike... can he turn it on at TE in game situation?

3. Jamar Fletcher ... please,please,please show me you can step up and be effective!!

4. Sam Simmons to turn it up, and take over the return job from Ogden.

5. I really want to see Levick's arm in action... I like what I hear about this kid...

1. No Injuries
2. Ricky in a Dolphins uniform
3. McMichael at TE
4. The DEs and who looks the best opposite JT
5. Jamar Fletcher

Back
Top Bottom