Fixing Offense No Easy Task--Link | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fixing Offense No Easy Task--Link

zeke0123 said:
I didnt know Linehan was using our old playbook/terminology that helps even the field a bit for AJ...not that im some huge AJ lover but I certainly want the competition to be as even as possible.

I have this vague memory of watching player video off the dolphins site where the players were saying the exact opposite - that there was new terminology for everything. Maybe that's just on the defense.

He makes a lot of very good points, especially about the line being the most important piece of the equation. If they don't gel, nothing else is going to work consistently. And if Houck can't make it happen with them, it is probably not ever going to happen and pinks slips abound....

Dudeman said:
and that is a moronic statement in itself. People can pull for whoever they damn well please, and they are by no means a moron.

I stand by my post......

Dudeman said:
as do I....are you trying to make some type of point?

The point is: GUS IS OLD AND HAS NO UPSIDE !!!!

Get it?

AJ earned my respect last year.

I dont understand after he took all that punishment.....

Beat to death against Seattle, trampled by Bengals...ETC

Why would you root against him?

Did he ever blame the Offensive Line?

Nope....

He just went on to throw 100 passes to conclude the season without an INT.

He threw the winning TD against the Patriots on Monday night.

He had team leaders like McMichael and J.Taylor giving him respect in the press for his "toughness"..

Yet "Dolfans" are rooting for a 33 year old, Journeyman QB that has never been apart of this team to win the starting job.

That Boggles my freaking mind.

I understand some of the Ferotte arguments but I disagree with them. Gus Ferotte is 33 years old, he has been put at the helm of many teams and done nothing of any signifigance. If we were talking about a Kurt Warner or Kerry Collins; if so I actualy may have agreed that they get the nod. We can sit at our computers for the next 73 days until opening day and argue, diagnose and pontificate this situation all we want. Here is what it comes down to.

Gus Ferotte is a solid backup, nothing more, nothing less. He may have showed some flashes in backup roles but the second a desperate team in need of a quarterback came calling, he did nothing but dissapoint

AJ Feeley, the Sith traded a second round pick for him. That second round pick could have been a Matt Roth or Chris Chambers(I think Chambers was in the second, I may be wrong). As incipid a move as that may have been we owe it to ourselfs to at least see what he is capable of. His progression toward the end of the season showed me that he was capable of not only being a starter but being THE starter.

Lets all put on our aqua and orange glasses and think for a second, Miami is in
Superbowl 40. Do you really see 33 year old Gus Ferotte pulling a rabit out of his hat and turning around his entire career around to lead Miami to a Superbowl before he retires? Or do you see AJ Feeley, who was thrown into the lions den last year without a chance, coming out with something to prove, and leading our team to the promise land.

Let me put this as profoundly as I can; AJ Feeley is either going to WIN a game for you or LOSE a game for you. Gus Ferotte is going to play not to lose. Sound familiar?

This is a new era and for more reasons than I stated above, Feeley will be the starter going into this season. It could be giving him one last chance to be the quarterback he looked like on December 20th, 2004, or it could be making the best of a bad situation.

I have to agree. Gus Frerotte is not the answer at QB. Why would anybody pull for him to win? If he wins the battle and proves he is the better QB, then he should start. But I'm hoping that Feeley can win and flourish. Otherwise, we're back to the drawing board. We'll be forced to spend a high draft pick on a QB.

HVACservice said:

Get it?

Nope....

He had team leaders like McMichael and J.Taylor giving him respect in the press for his "toughness"..

Yet "Dolfans" are rooting for a 33 year old, Journeyman QB that has never been apart of this team to win the starting job.

Good Point Hvac. Feeley acted with class regardless of beating he took. That's character you have got to want to lead your team. But he still needs to avoid the bad plays that crushed us last year. I hope Feeley wins the Job, but I want him to win it because he's a Good QB, not because of last years character building. We'll find out soon enough...

--Ross

HVACservice said:

Get it?

Nope....

you do know that Gus has upside right? The upside to be a pro-bowler and things like that.

you mean rooting against him like everybody did with Fiedler even though that hes 100x the Warrior AJ is? :rolleyes:

besides, nobody is rooting against Feeley, we just dont agree with all the misplaced praise thats being put on him around here.

Did Fiedler make excuses for the O-line? NOPE, he took that on himself.

Dont make the toughness excuses, when Jay was one of the toughest QBs we've ever seen.

yeah, a TD pass to a 6'3 receiver against a 5'10 receiver.....yeah, like any other QB couldn't have made it :rolleyes: A TD pass that would have NEVER even happened if Brady hadn't thrown 4 INTs

What boggles my freaking mind is posts like this that give AJ massive amounts of praise, when he has done NOTHING on the field to deserve it. Just like the tons of other posts that do the same.

BTW, run a search, take a look at the people who you think are rooting for Gus. It turns out that we're rooting for the best guy to start, yet apparently you're missing that point. But hey, believe whatever you want, makes no difference to me.

dolphan98 said:
We'll be forced to spend a high draft pick on a QB.

absolutely the worst argument ever as to why AJ should start. Saban doesnt care what was spent because he didnt spend it. Why is it such a double standard around here? AJ was a high pick traded, so he should start, meanwhile nobody says a damn thing about trading a high pick for Gordon and that he should start? You can't have it both ways!

Face it, what was invested means nothing. NOTHING! Otherwise, Wade would be starting (picked essentially with 2 draft choices), and Gordon would be our #1. Nope, Wade will be a backup, and Lamar may not even make the team.

PassRush said:
Let me put this as profoundly as I can; AJ Feeley is either going to WIN a game for you or LOSE a game for you. Gus Ferotte is going to play not to lose. Sound familiar?

Gus does? apparently you saw none of the games he started in Minnesota

Back
Top Bottom