Fixing The Offensive Line Should Be Top Priority | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fixing The Offensive Line Should Be Top Priority

nyashfan

For Earth Below
Reaction score
Sure I wish we won. But, to paraphrase Nick Saban, the score didn't really matter; it's about how they played. Yes, Matt Moore mishandled two snaps. But, considering that the pass protection and run blocking were abysmal, he played a gritty game in the second half, and regained the lead twice. The running game is so ineffective that Moore was never put in manageable situations. Columbo was getting beat by Spencer and Long was getting beat by Ware and had 4 penalties.

I know that the popular opinion is that Matt Moore is a career backup and that the coaching staff are a bunch of morons, but I think Moore's ceiling is significantly higher than it is now. The biggest deficiency on this team is that it cannot impose their will in the running game when it matters most.

Get rid of Columbo. It makes no sense why he should still be playing in Week 12.

agreed...neither QB we have had this season...or last.. along with teh RBs can shine with the OLINE we have been fielding

When they got the ball back with 4 1/2 minutes to go and Bush runs for a 2 yard loss, that's where the play calling because problematic. The QB was running for his life all day; do you risk a sack/fumble or leave it to your defense? Conversely, on Dallas' final drive, Murray was getting runs of 6 and 9 yards and the Dolphins defense was on its heels as to whether to defend the run or pass.

I remember the game at home against a very good Chargers team in 2008. The Dolphins were up 17-10 and got the ball back with about 4 1/2 minutes to go. They were able to make enough first downs running the ball to seal the game. That's what this team is missing most.

need a coach that wants to kill

We need a coach who plays to win first. Then we need a franchise QB we can develop. Then the O-line should be a priority.

Maybe we should hope to be able to draft Matt Kalil and move Long to RT. I'm sick of hearing that Long is the best LT in the game.

How many offensive linemen have the Patriots drafted in the first round? How many have the Packers drafted in the first round? The Steelers, etc.? First priority is QB.

Uh, the Patriots drafted Nate Soldier in the first round last year. They also drafted Mankins in the first round. The Steelers drafted Pouncey in the first round. The Packers drafted Baluga in the first round. Two years ago the 49ers drafted Davis and Iupati in the first round.

How many offensive linemen have the Patriots drafted in the first round? How many have the Packers drafted in the first round? The Steelers, etc.? First priority is QB.

Uh, the Patriots drafted Nate Soldier in the first round last year. They also drafted Mankins in the first round. The Steelers drafted Pouncey in the first round. The Packers drafted Baluga in the first round. Two years ago the 49ers drafted Davis and Iupati in the first round.

Besides the Niners, what do the Steelers and Patriots already have?

Right, good teams in the NFL that compete year in and out for the championship have maybe one first rounder on the offensive line, and most of those are late round picks. Miami currently has four first round draft picks on the line and we're one of the worst teams in the league.

Back
Top Bottom