Fletcher and the TD... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fletcher and the TD...

ohall

A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.
Reaction score
... #80 was the Bears WR's that caught the TD. This WR lined up on the D's left side, yes Surtain had coverage at the LOS in the SLOT. After Surtain BLITZED Wooden stepped up to cover the Bears #80 WR. Well Wooden didn't quite do this so well. The reason Fletcher's name was mentioned was because his WR cut inside ran a crossing route and he was able to play a lil deep on his guy. He played his position and played it so well some ppl are trying to lump him into the blame.

I'll say it plain, Fletcher on that play had nothing to do with allowing that TD. He had CB coverage on the other side of the field. You all can see for yourself, they keep showing the replay on ESPN News. Wooden simply over played the WR, it's just that simple.

Oliver...

Thanks for clearing that up. Although I am a little worried about Fletcher, I don't like anyone getting blamed for something they didn't do. My hope is we won't give up on him to soon.

:) :) :)

The coaches say they have confidence in him but they're shopping for another CB. Fletcher is going to be covering the Jets and Pats best receivers if he's discovered to be a weak link.

No doubt...

... and like any young player Fletcher has to prove he can play at the NFL level. But like SWS I get very upset when players get slammed when they are actually playing well or doing what they are asked to do for the team and they say they are playing poorly.

I think it's a shame some ppl let their personal bias against Fletcher let it poison their opinion of his actual on the field play. If the KID messes up believe me I'll be the 1st to nail him for playing poorly. I just think ppl should wait for him to actually play poorly before they slam him.

All these ppl saying Fletcher played poorly last night need to look themselves in the mirror because they weren’t telling the truth.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Sherif
The coaches say they have confidence in him but they're shopping for another CB. Fletcher is going to be covering the Jets and Pats best receivers if he's discovered to be a weak link.

I didn't watch the game but listened to it and Mad Dog expressed concern about Fletcher. Alot of people are blaming him just from what they heard. Fletcher has a clean slate with me though.

Fletcher wasn't the guy most people wanted in the draft, so short of becoming a perennial probowler some people will always blame him for the fins not getting the guy they wanted. (No, it doesn't make sense). Even then some people still won't like him. It'll be even worse if Brees or Smoot become stars.

Its like the situation with Fiedler. Jay could lead the Fins to multiple SB wins and achieve Montana like status but some people would say "he was carried by Ricky...the defense...or he was lucky...":rolleyes:

Fletcher isn't subject to as much venom b/c he plays a less prominent position but he gets his share. He is like Fiedler lite.

I watched the game on the old satellite feed and Fletcher was burned badly on an instant reply that wanny had overuled. He was beat long and the guy came back turned fletch around and also beat him short for a 20 yard game.

He did not make any other plays and was not strong against the run which they pounded at us in the third quarter.

fletcher is the third best corner on the team but if they don't pluck another Cousin out of the air next week teams will pick on our nickel and dime package period.

If Fletcher is a bust then Wanny made a critical mistake not drafting an OL that year like everyone was yelling for. Our OL now has no back-ups at any position except Center and Tackle with Spriggs and Spriggs sucks.

I disagree sheriff. We badly need some big nasty lineman, but we need a third DB as well. what if sam or patrick go down? you have to have at least 3 solid corners and really you need 4. fletcher is still learning and we hope he keeps improving but they will pick someone up next week that was cut.

He was picked by college people as one of the best corners that year and was the highest graded player at that pick. late first rounders are very hard to pick well.

There's no reason why he shouldn't live up to expectations if he applys himself Zsonk and we're really counting on him. I'm pulling for him 100%.

Originally posted by Oliver
... #80 was the Bears WR's that caught the TD. This WR lined up on the D's left side, yes Surtain had coverage at the LOS in the SLOT. After Surtain BLITZED Wooden stepped up to cover the Bears #80 WR. Well Wooden didn't quite do this so well. The reason Fletcher's name was mentioned was because his WR cut inside ran a crossing route and he was able to play a lil deep on his guy. He played his position and played it so well some ppl are trying to lump him into the blame.

I'll say it plain, Fletcher on that play had nothing to do with allowing that TD. He had CB coverage on the other side of the field. You all can see for yourself, they keep showing the replay on ESPN News. Wooden simply over played the WR, it's just that simple.

Oliver...

thats basically what i saw. ill tell you yo yos again! you better start to worry about our safeties!!!!!! that is where our problem has been. if you listened to Wannys press conference, he said that is what we will need to work on this week.

Back
Top Bottom