Fletcher didn't look good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fletcher didn't look good

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I am not passing judgement on him, I am just saying in this last game he did not look good. He should have had that pick he dropped, plus he missed several tackles.

I don't trust this guy. He is so capable of blowing a game.

It's too early to start fretting. First, since the games don't count it's okay to take more risk than usual. Second, cb's not intercepting passes is rather commonplace. I don't remember the game, but I remember Madison dropping one in his hands that made him look up to the sky in self-disappointment.

I saw him make a mistake or two but one thing that stuck out at me is how often you see a guy making a mistake but the rest of the team covers it up well. Morlon Greenwood was out there and had more than his fair share. The big missed tackle for Fletcher was when David Garrard scrambled in the redzone during the final like 11 seconds. Jamar got kinda faked by a move that Garrard made, then Jamar found himself too far away and leaped, but didn't get Garrard down.

And as for that interception, sure it would have been great had he come up with it, but then again even though he didn't it was a fantastic play on his part. He sat back and you could see his strength coming through because he was 10 yards off Jimmy Smith and got the chance to read Smith as well as the QB's eyes...and within a few of Smith's footsteps he read the stop out hitch, and just began running forward as fast as he could and positioned himself right between the ball and Smith.

I saw him making a good play on several other occasions. So by no means would I have called his play during that game "bad" In fact, if he would have made that catch everyone would be hailing him as a god in that game.

Taylor Whitley let up a sack in that game. It was a super-package blitz where they sent everyone but still, we had a man picking everybody up and had Whitley not let Marco Coleman go right by him, I'm sure Griese could have found someone wide open. Marco lined up at DT and just swam right by Whitley. It was amazing watching it on slow-mo because they had so many people coming yet we had a man picking up everyone.

Bill Yates had some good blocks, but also had at least one bad one where he let his man go right by him.

Sammy Knight had some good pops in the game, but took bad angles on a few occasions, specifically on a WR screen to LaBrandon Toefield on the left sideline. Sammy took a bad angle, Toefield rushed for 6 more yards and a first down.

Even Junior Seau looked a little careful and unaggressive on backside pursuit...running around everyone so as not to lock legs and risk injury. Same with Zach Thomas.

Also I saw a curious formation, where Morlon Greenwood was the outer most linebacker, and Junior Seau was lined up inside of him, and Zach Thomas was lined up toward the left. Weird.

What I liked about Alphonso is he went one-on-one with Jimmy Smith a few times and came out on top, no safety help even on the deep ball.

Omare Lowe, got beat a lot in that game.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I am not passing judgement on him, I am just saying in this last game he did not look good. He should have had that pick he dropped, plus he missed several tackles.

I don't trust this guy. He is so capable of blowing a game.

He looked excellent, he attempted something that was not game planned. In short he gambled, and if you want to be a GREAT CB you have to gamble.

Oliver...

He doesn't want to tackle

He appeared to both miss tackles several times and shy away from contact. I'm sure Atlanta has noticed this and so will the Jets and the Bills and the Pats and you get the picture.

Re: He doesn't want to tackle

Originally posted by savoy
He appeared to both miss tackles several times and shy away from contact. I'm sure Atlanta has noticed this and so will the Jets and the Bills and the Pats and you get the picture.

Are you saying Fletcher can't tackle? I'd have to say he is one of the better tackling DB's we have. He's right behind Marion, K. Knight, and Surtain.

As it's always been. You either like how Fletcher plays or you don't. I've always liked the KIDS potential, and specifically his play last season.

Some ppl credit him with Freeman's and Marion's mistakes.

Oliver...

Fletcher is a weak cover corner. His college style of playing will not cut it much longer. I am real glad that we have T Buck to play in place of Fletcher.

avoids contact

Although he looked worse than usual the other night, he is quick and somewhat skilled but he does not hit. He's considered basically a side-tackler. This is one reason that opponents go after him when they need a play. There is no fear factor. Contrast Fletch with the toughness of the starters. Our coach as well as the other teams know this to be a fact, the proof is that the team needed TBuck to be brought in.

Honestly, in the beginning, I didn't like Flecther, but I think he's really coming on and will be a solid #3 guy for us. (And starter when Surtain is forced to retire) He got a lot of experience last year, and the jump from the 2001 year to last year in terms of production and not being a total weakpoint was very big.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Honestly, in the beginning, I didn't like Flecther, but I think he's really coming on and will be a solid #3 guy for us. (And starter when Surtain is forced to retire)

Surtain does not have a degenerative knee, that was a line of BS like most of what comes out of Drew Rosenhouse's mouth. Surtain said it himself that there was no condition.

I'm startin to soften on the dude a little too and I was definitely not a fan. In fact I still think he's a bust. But, he's worked really hard, its only his 3rd year, and if the lights can click on for guys like Alphonso Roundtree and etc...maybe the same can happen for Jamar.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm startin to soften on the dude a little too and I was definitely not a fan. In fact I still think he's a bust. But, he's worked really hard, its only his 3rd year, and if the lights can click on for guys like Alphonso Roundtree and etc...maybe the same can happen for Jamar.

I honestly thought he was gonna be a stud, he looked good coming out of Wisconsin...maybe it's just taking him a long time to adjust to the pro game:confused:

Back
Top Bottom