Fletcher Is Not the Total Problem | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fletcher Is Not the Total Problem

CA Dolfan

Dolphin fan since '72
Club Member
Reaction score
I agree with Oliver...Maybe I'm wrong but Fletcher is not the main problem on defense. The line seemed to give Green all day to throw. I'd give him a "10" count. Wannstedt seems to believe that (see below). Now I'm not defending Fletcher but the defense is a package. It seems like the defense has gotten kind of lacksidasikle..Last year they had to play so much that they were very in sync. Now we have a running game and they aren't on the field as much (first three games).

Miami defense must regroup to face Patriots
By STEVEN WINE
AP Sports Writer
September 30, 2002

Beleaguered Jamar Fletcher, a disappointment since being chosen in the first round of the 2001 draft, struggled filling in for Surtain. But coach Dave Wannstedt defended Fletcher, who will continue to see a lot of action as Miami's nickel back.

``For the most part, Jamar played OK,'' Wannstedt said. ``The minute somebody completes a pass on us, they want to point a finger at Jamar. I don't think it's fair, because it's not the facts.''

Problems weren't limited to the secondary. With top pass rusher Jason Taylor slowed by a strained knee, Miami failed to sack Green in 34 pass plays. The Dolphins have just six sacks in four games, a pace that would produce their lowest season total since 1988.

Back
Top Bottom