Fletcher's performance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fletcher's performance

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
Unfortunately i couldnt see the game..I read about Lucas's performance ,Wally's,Ricky's, Rob Bakers's etc..i'd like to know however how guys like Jay Williams , Seaverns, Chester as well as Ja Fletcher performed????

It was difficult for me to tell how much Fletch was in the game. I didn't see any obvious screwups.

Flecth played very well actually. I watched it again to focus on him. He blanketed McCardell on a 3rd down pass and made the tackle short of firt down.

Covered Meshawn on a play and was not beaten. Very solid play as his man caught only one ball and it was a short gain on 3rd and long.

Now to Larry Chester. HE WAS THE WORST DEFENSIVE STARTER LAST NIGHT. All the big runs came through his lane when he was in there. He has no quickness or explosion at this point.

Sign a big run stuffer NOW if for nothing else to be backup and insurance. Taylor, Haley, have quickness but are not run stuffers at all. We need another guy in case Chester keeps this up.

Originally posted by Phinstd
Flecth played very well actually. I watched it again to focus on him. He blanketed McCardell on a 3rd down pass and made the tackle short of firt down.

Covered Meshawn on a play and was not beaten. Very solid play as his man caught only one ball and it was a short gain on 3rd and long.

Now to Larry Chester. HE WAS THE WORST DEFENSIVE STARTER LAST NIGHT. All the big runs came through his lane when he was in there. He has no quickness or explosion at this point.

Sign a big run stuffer NOW if for nothing else to be backup and insurance. Taylor, Haley, have quickness but are not run stuffers at all. We need another guy in case Chester keeps this up.

they did not really go at Fletch and the pass D as whole was solid so he was part of it; therefore, solid.

Chester is hurting and that is his only problem. We need a healthy Chester not another run stuffer.

fletch...............

fletcher covered his guy a couple of times but didn't really stand out.

he did however get punked in the run game a few times being the victim of a very week stiff arm one on one at the l.o.s. with a bucs player that if he would have been physical, the play would have been a loss and no 1st down.

several times he was blocked out of the play and looked very timid trying to shed blocks.

can't ake much from this kinda game, but fletcher was VERY unimpressive to me, even after watching the game again this morning.

WE'LL PUT A BOOT IN YOUR A$$, IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!!

toby keith

Originally posted by dolphan39

they did not really go at Fletch and the pass D as whole was solid so he was part of it; therefore, solid.

Chester is hurting and that is his only problem. We need a healthy Chester not another run stuffer.

Tim Bowens was terrible as well. he hit the ground many times that i saw. chester at least got penetration. its just that he got it in the wrong spot. overall i think alot of these players shoudnt be playing. that is wannys fault. he should be playing alot of the other guys just like he did last year for st louis. keep these past injury guys like dixon and chester rested! i think the team couldnt have cared less about the game last night. for one, they got screwed by ESPN. those who needed to show something did basically, and those who have starting jobs,basically took it easy.
brent smith is no good anymore. cut him.

Well a healthy Chester is waht I'm worried about. Many a player have never been the same after a brwak and it's been 10 mnths and he's still not recovered.

We cannot afford to at least hedge our bet with another quality run stuffer for this D.

The DT's are the most important players on this D IMO.

Originally posted by Phinstd
Well a healthy Chester is waht I'm worried about. Many a player have never been the same after a brwak and it's been 10 mnths and he's still not recovered.

We cannot afford to at least hedge our bet with another quality run stuffer for this D.

The DT's are the most important players on this D IMO.

larry chester was good against tenesee. he simply needs to rest his leg. we have depth, we will use one way or the other. i would be more bothered about him if he didnt want to play. the reason he is in there is becuase he wants to play. which means i contradicted myself earlier about it being wannys fault. but i think chester shold just play a couple of reps and rest. chester defenitely has power and it showed. our whole defense got used last nght. out of position ect.ect.

I don't doubt his talent or ability if healthy.

I'm doubting the ability of our backups in this D. They are guys who can get to the QB but not hold point against a great G.

Chester is someone who will be good if he gets healthy. I just don't want to get caught w/o a backup plan. Ravens got caught at RB and that's why they didn't win the SB IMO. (Grbac didn't help any either.)

I think the depth is better then you think. Lsat year against the Ravens Haley had missed the prior 2 games with a banged up leg muscle and was playing with a cast on his hand. Grant had a bad shoulder that required surgery the day after the game. Also Bowens only played a little more than half the game.

Back
Top Bottom