Flores and Co. halftime adjustments leave a lot to be desired.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores and Co. halftime adjustments leave a lot to be desired....

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Thoughts everyone? :munch: The past two games especially, they look decent the first half then absolutely crumble the second half. Maybe Ross calls down and is like “Alright guys you made your point, stick to the damn plan.”:lol::shame:

Thoughts everyone? :munch: The past two games especially, they look decent the first half then absolutely crumble the second half. Maybe Ross is like “Alright guys you made your point, stick to the damn plan.”:lol::shame:

Huh? How can you make adjustments when you don’t have the personnel??? Whew

The Cowboys hit their second gear, right now we don't have one to use. The important thing to me is young guys are getting reps.

I had the same thoughts. The last game, I could see the D just being worn out, but that was not the case today. We actually had an advantage in TOP going into half time.

Offensively, as soon as we lost two starting (and I use that term loosely) linemen, Our Offense was done for the day regardless.

I have to say, I was disappointed in the adjustments, or really, lack thereof.

The Cowboys hit their second gear, right now we don't have one to use. The important thing to me is young guys are getting reps.
Indeed, as I was saying in the Ballage thread, would of liked to see Laird and Walton getting reps today.

I hate this staff, but I can't really sit there and act like we have a whole lot we can adjust at halftime. We can't just shift talent around to help in weak areas because we have no talent. The other team has clear deficiencies they can exploit on our team.

That's why its so, so important to leverage whatever first half advantages we have into the maximum points.

Indeed, as I was saying in the Ballage thread, would of liked to see Laird and Walton getting reps today.

Does it really matter? There are no holes to run through and after the half the team pretty much abandoned the run once we got behind, nevermind that we don't have the line to pass block when the opponent knows we're passing every play.

These teams are playing very plain Jane in the first half. They dont want to give future teams tape.

So at halftime, the teams basically ok f@$% it, let’s open this up

U just cant leave points on the board via skill position follies, thats not on coach.

No pass rush and the lack of points turned the OLine into a one dimensional mess and you cant survive with that group like that.

Had Miami scored the 20 points they should of scored in the first half, they had a better shot to play their game. Team has to learn to finish drives, and today that was less on the QB/coach and more on the backs/receivers.

Last edited:
Does it really matter? There are no holes to run through and after the half the team pretty much abandoned the run once we got behind, nevermind that we don't have the line to pass block when the opponent knows we're passing every play.
Yes it matters. How will they pick up the blitz? If no holes are they elusive to still pick up a yard or two. There’s always something to evaluate.

The coaches have an awful lot to prove. They have been pedestrian so far. I will give them fewer penalties this week and a first half of reasonable competitiveness.

Back
Top Bottom