*** Flores Fired Mega Thread *** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Flores Fired Mega Thread ***

Flores This Seaso

• Total voters
My beliefs no evidence

-Ross chose Tua

-Grier and Flo would have taken a healthy Herbert with potential upside

-Fitz was the stop gap he and Chan had the full assurance of the GM and coach that Fitz would be the guy - something they both failed to deliver and why the O was solely built for Ryan

- their collective support ended when it was annunced that Fitz was benched - this was RoSs telling Grier what was gonna happen

- maybe you remember too that Somewhere in 2020 during the 3-3 record a reporter asked Flo about Tua Starting and Flo basically laughed it off he said and I paparaphrase Flo‘s words “if you were the father would you want Tua starting right now after what his body endured”

- it was only weeks later that healthy Fitz was on the bench and Tua was starting

- my belief here is that Ross wanted Tua starting and told Grier to tell his hire Flo to start Tua

- Tua didn’t catch lightning in a bottle but the team won and Ross looked smart for awhile anyways

- I think - my belief - is that Flo didn’t want Tua starting he thought he had a better chance of the POs with Fitz but Grier wouldn’t back him with the owner

- Grier is the quintessential company Man 20+ years he would twist Flos arm for Ross any day of the week

- Tua and the game ball Flo was congenial but didn’t take it from Tua the puppy dog after the Zona win

- Flo had no problem pulling

View attachment 86872

- Tua was also the man in the middle like Grier and was trying to win his coach

- fast forward Flo had no issue pulling Tua because he wanted the POs

- my belief the relationship between Flo and Grier is on shaky ground because Grier did not stick up for Flo about Fitz

- the drafts they both have to own outside of Tua

- my belief our team would Look a lot better with two starting tackles and a C and a 230 pound RB up the middle like we thought they would aspire to check off in the 2020 draft and FA vs 2020 FA spending and early picks on Defense

- my belief the hoot and holler about Watson is not about the owner and I doubt the 360th wealthiest man (give or take) got that way being expediently clueless no one with such business sense would sign off on such a stupid design to save their sinking ship before the 20 cases were dealt with

- I believe Grier did check into what it would cost to get Watson and was outed by DW agent (and he can’t deny it) as he never really wanted Tua - why not ask their collective lacklustre desire to ensure/build an Oline and quality 230 lb RB to soften the pass rush is their collective attempt to try to be smarter than the Owner

-it is my belief they want to win and keep their jobs in spite of the owners interference and win their way in essence distancing themselves from the Owners insisytemce on Tua

- it is my belief and I think it is close to what is happening behind the doors

- I believe Tua is here long after Flores becomes the DE coach of the Houston Texans

- Grier wil not work in a head office again his 20 years was just not aces
This organization is a case study in dysfunction. From top to bottom, owner to water boy.

My beliefs no evidence

-Ross chose Tua

-Grier and Flo would have taken a healthy Herbert with potential upside

-Fitz was the stop gap he and Chan had the full assurance of the GM and coach that Fitz would be the guy - something they both failed to deliver and why the O was solely built for Ryan

- their collective support ended when it was annunced that Fitz was benched - this was RoSs telling Grier what was gonna happen

- maybe you remember too that Somewhere in 2020 during the 3-3 record a reporter asked Flo about Tua Starting and Flo basically laughed it off he said and I paparaphrase Flo‘s words “if you were the father would you want Tua starting right now after what his body endured”

- it was only weeks later that healthy Fitz was on the bench and Tua was starting

- my belief here is that Ross wanted Tua starting and told Grier to tell his hire Flo to start Tua

- Tua didn’t catch lightning in a bottle but the team won and Ross looked smart for awhile anyways

- I think - my belief - is that Flo didn’t want Tua starting he thought he had a better chance of the POs with Fitz but Grier wouldn’t back him with the owner

- Grier is the quintessential company Man 20+ years he would twist Flos arm for Ross any day of the week

- Tua and the game ball Flo was congenial but didn’t take it from Tua the puppy dog after the Zona win

- Flo had no problem pulling

View attachment 86872

- Tua was also the man in the middle like Grier and was trying to win his coach

- fast forward Flo had no issue pulling Tua because he wanted the POs

- my belief the relationship between Flo and Grier is on shaky ground because Grier did not stick up for Flo about Fitz

- the drafts they both have to own outside of Tua

- my belief our team would Look a lot better with two starting tackles and a C and a 230 pound RB up the middle like we thought they would aspire to check off in the 2020 draft and FA vs 2020 FA spending and early picks on Defense

- my belief the hoot and holler about Watson is not about the owner and I doubt the 360th wealthiest man (give or take) got that way being expediently clueless no one with such business sense would sign off on such a stupid design to save their sinking ship before the 20 cases were dealt with

- I believe Grier did check into what it would cost to get Watson and was outed by DW agent (and he can’t deny it) as he never really wanted Tua - why not ask their collective lacklustre desire to ensure/build an Oline and quality 230 lb RB to soften the pass rush is their collective attempt to try to be smarter than the Owner

-it is my belief they want to win and keep their jobs in spite of the owners interference and win their way in essence distancing themselves from the Owners insisytemce on Tua

- it is my belief and I think it is close to what is happening behind the doors

- I believe Tua is here long after Flores becomes the DE coach of the Houston Texans

- Grier wil not work in a head office again his 20 years was just not aces
Rev, I'm buying what you are preaching...Amen!

I absolutely believe Tua was Ross's pick. If Jackson would have failed as a QB then Grier may have stood up to him, but when Ross mentioned picking Jackson and Grier supposedly said he would resign, that's not looking too good for Grier now. If he would have pulled that with that pick Ross probably would have accepted the resignation on the spot.

It was noted by several people that Grier spent more time scouting Herbet than any other QB in the draft. Like the Rev I feel Herbert was both the guy Grier and Flo wanted, but Grier wasn't going against his owner on another QB.

Darlinton said he doesn't think the Watson stuff is coming from Ross and it's coming from the football side of things. A GM and coach desperate to save jobs.

The next GM and coach will be guys that that believe in Tua and feel they can build a winning organization around him. It starts with guys upfront that can impose their will on other men. Then you need a back that can put some fear in the other team and they actually have to worry about stopping. With $80m in cap space next year a good GM and coach could come to Miami and look like superstars very quickly.

Tua just went from one of the best football coaches on the planet in Saban, who i hate for the way he left here, to the chit show we have here in Flores. Talk about a major drop off.

Back
Top Bottom