Florida's Team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florida's Team?

Dolphan99

Rookie
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a long time but I try and at least visit to read all of the good info posted here. But the post by aqua&orange54 got me thinking. For years Miami has been the only winning NFL franchise in Florida. Yes we had the Bucs but nobody actually admitted they were a Bucs fan. So all the support in Florida was for the Dolphins. Now that the Bucs actually won the superbowl everyone is jumping the Miami bandwagon for Tampa Bay. The same thing happened when the Jaguars got to the AFC Championship. But where did they always come back to? Miami. So are the Bucs/Jaguars Florida's team? the answer is simply No.

These fair weather fans and reporters are just following what is hot right now. But where will they be when the hoopla dies down, right back routing for the Dolphins. Lets just face facts the Miami Dolphins are Florida's team and always will be.

The Miami Dolphins is Florida's team. ESPN did a poll last year where they tried to figure out what the most popular sports team in every state was, and the Dolphins won the state of Florida.

we are not popular with the media however, and that makes all the picture seem like it s the other way around. really i dont care, the media are simpletonlike herds of sheep.

I've noticed a lot of people have this "hate" for the Dolphins and no reasoning behind it. .

Anyone ever ran into people like this?

All the time, when I was in college in north Florida, both Tallahassee and Gainesville. Most of the vitriol came from the Bucs fans. For example, in Gainesville, there's a sandwich restaurant/sports bar on 34 Street, I forget the name. Typically the Bucs game would be on at 1 and the Dolphins at 4. The Bucs fans would hang out through our game just to root against the Dolphins. It's not confined to the Bucs, of course.

Remember the game against Chicago in the Orange Bowl in '85? The Dolphins were very good, just beginning the Marino era. The Bears were steamrolling to the SB. I was a sophomore at FSU. In our dorm, there was a lounge with a big screen tv, and a sign that night read something like: "For tonignt's Dolphins/Bears game, all Dolphin fans sit on the right and all Bears fans/Miami haters on the left.

University Of Central Florida Golden Knights..

I lived in Florida all my life and there is no favorite Florida team. That espn poll is irrelevant. You have thousands of fans that not only do they not watch the nfl, they are pretty much... college football fans. Let's take out, the University of Miami, Florida State, University of Florida. You then have three all pro teams. There is no favorite team in florida but dating back to years ago. Miami Dolphins were the best nfl team in Florida. Since Tampa has had a winning franchise, they have had many fans as well. While my answer is no conclusive, all I have to say that this is a football state. We have good high school football teams and a lot of our talent comes from here.

front runners that jump to tampa bay, go for it... i wish there was a way to kick them back off the wagon when they try to jump back...

i hate fairweathered fans........ true in aqua blue since 1971

I remember I was about 14 and the bucs were green and bad! I would collect things given away at all the stores and one of the things I remember is a 45rpm record that was orange and translucent it was a square shape and it was the Bucs fight song started, "Hey hey Tampa bay the Bucs are gonna shine" yada yada yada.

I loved them when LeRoy Selmon was their and Ricky Bell anyways I wised up and the rest is history, no fair wheather fan here....BTW the Bucs might be the world chumps but until last year they could not win a game when the temp was below 38* the Bucs don't worry me. Sammy will hit'em like a truck!

Back
Top Bottom