follow up question to "1st round pick" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

follow up question to "1st round pick"

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Would you trade both #1s (ammuming we get another) to get Eli or Ben. If so which, if not why? I think you get Eli at any cost. get anything more in FA. Ben I am less sure about.

I have heard SD and Ariz may be seeking a trade. I cant think of anyone else who could offer two #1s except NE. They will not do so to pursue a QB.

Marty Shottenhiemer(spelling?) is a dumba**, and they need defense more than they need a QB. Arizona definately needs Defense more than a QB..

Originally posted by chambers84
Marty Shottenhiemer(spelling?) is a dumba**, and they need defense more than they need a QB. Arizona definately needs Defense more than a QB..

I agree however every mock shows them taking Eli. The logic...cant pass on a franchise guy at QB. OK but they could improve the D quite a bit with two 1st rounders.

If the Phins could trade for Eli........THEN PULL THE F#@#$#@ TRIGGER.

But then again who would trade the #1 or #2 for at best #15 & #20.

If the Phins do indeed have 2 1st round picks. Either way they come out on top. Even Wanny could not mess that up....or COULD HE>??

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
If the Phins could trade for Eli........THEN PULL THE F#@#$#@ TRIGGER.

But then again who would trade the #1 or #2 for at best #15 & #20.

If the Phins do indeed have 2 1st round picks. Either way they come out on top. Even Wanny could not mess that up....or COULD HE>??

Never say never..but i agree if you get the chance go do it. I bring it up b/c IF the rumors about SD and AZ are true then who could put together a better trade package? Oh and we NEED and QB.

One Question?

Will Norv be back?

If so they had better draft and get hall of fame OL, QB, WR, RB!!!

Even if the Phins get the best WR & OL in the draft.......NORV will F#@% it UP!!!!

Norv has never done **** in this league. He had a Hall Of Fame OL, QB, RB & WR.......HELL I could have had my girlfriends cat call the plays and still win the same amount of supebowls...perhaps even more... with that much talent.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
One Question?

Will Norv be back?

If so they had better draft and get hall of fame OL, QB, WR, RB!!!

Even if the Phins get the best WR & OL in the draft.......NORV will F#@% it UP!!!!

Norv has never done **** in this league. He had a Hall Of Fame OL, QB, RB & WR.......HELL I could have had my girlfriends cat call the plays and still win the same amount of supebowls...perhaps even more... with that much talent.

HMMMMMMM this sounds familiar.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

would love to have ELI but are we a QB away or do we have more holes to fill WR,OL,DL. Don't get me wrong I do agree we need a young QB to groom but trading up and betting the farm on him would take alot of balls which i don't think management would do.
Would this draft be one to fill holes

1. ELI
2. Traded
3. WR/OL
3. DL
4. OL/WR
5. DL
6. Traded
7. DB/OL/P
7. OL/DB/P

or
1 QB/WR/OL
1 QB/WR/OL
2 Traded
3 DL/OL
3 WR/OL
4 DB
5 DL
6 OL
7 WR/RS
7 P

Originally posted by canesandphins1
would love to have ELI but are we a QB away or do we have more holes to fill WR,OL,DL. Don't get me wrong I do agree we need a young QB to groom but trading up and betting the farm on him would take alot of balls which i don't think management would do.

1. ELI
2. Traded
3. WR/OL
3. DL
4. OL/WR
5. DL
6. Traded
7. DB/OL/P
7. OL/DB/P

or
1 QB/WR/OL
1 QB/WR/OL
2 Traded
3 DL/OL
3 WR/OL
4 DB
5 DL
6 OL
7 WR/RS
7 P

Exactly. It would be a HUGE risk..but they say he is a close to a sure thing as there is. Dunno it took payton how many years to win a playoff game? Too many for this team to wait. Conversely, we could fill many holes via free agency and allow us to get the top prospect for many years to come.

If it were possible to trade up for eli, I still wouldn't. If we had like 15 and 20, then I would use one to get a good WR and the other to get rivers. Then use FA to get the other WR and to try to beef up the line as needed, which in my mind is really only a LT problem. Move wade to RT, Let Todd walk and try to get a good LT in FA. There seems to be quite a few good ones this season in FA. (Orlando Brown, Blake Brockermeyer, John Tait, Chad Clifton, Marcus Spriggs, Orlando Pace, John St Clair)

FA is a huge risk, all these names that are coming up who says they want to come here, and don't say just show them a bunch of money and they will come because we tend to undercut FA anyway we tend to have tight pockets when it comes to paying FA why don't you think Wayne Gandy is not playing here

I think it would be a monumental help actually. I understand that we need to fill other gaps......

well to answer the original question. Yes, I'd trade both first AND a second rounder next year or the year after for Eli....not ben. Basically, would you give up 2 firsts and a 2nd for Peyton? I don't know anyone who would say no to that. Eli is not manning, but he's the most sure thing to come out of the draft in awhile.

Ok, to continue. We need to fill the other holes, but we are a single linemen away from having a good OL. That can be addressed in FA. I think line is more important than reciever at this point. If we get our QB TIME, we have McMichaels. Chambers, Ricky, and Konrad to hit downfield. Hopefuly OG will be in better shape, he could be our posession receiver, we have an unknown talent in Tolver, McKnight showed he wanted to play, and Thomsonpicked it up at the end of last season.

I personally am for ALL of those guys coming back next year.....(McKnight, and Thomson with big pay cuts). But they all show potential. There is also the chance that we can pluck a WR out of the FA.

Our O-line is young, we are deep in questionable WR"s that COULD turn it around. THey won't be chambers quality, but we just need another threat out there.....i still cling to hope for thomson. One acquisition in both areas could fix those problems, that really need to be fixed, but are easier to fix than finding a good QB.

Next question I pose to people who oppose what I just said......

How often is miami within range of a top pick QB in the draft? The timing is here, we really need one, so we should pull the trigger

Reality check though.......it won't happen.

Originally posted by canesandphins1

1. ELI
2. Traded
3. WR/OL
3. DL
4. OL/WR
5. DL
6. Traded
7. DB/OL/P
7. OL/DB/P

or
1 QB/WR/OL
1 QB/WR/OL
2 Traded
3 DL/OL
3 WR/OL
4 DB
5 DL
6 OL
7 WR/RS
7 P

We better sign a TRUE #2 WR(i.e. Jackson or maybe Bruce) if we're not gonna take one in the 1st. I would love to get Eli or Ben.

Back
Top Bottom